smljoju

Run as Administrator shortcut checkbox not working

Fri Nov 19, 2021 1:33 pm

As mentioned in title, even if I check "Run as Administrator", the created shortcut does not run as admin, I have verified this by checking the advanced option of the shortcut as mentioned in viewtopic.php?p=71930#p71930

Liviu

Re: Run as Administrator shortcut checkbox not working

Fri Nov 19, 2021 1:54 pm

Hello,

I am not quite able to replicate the behavior you described.

I've tested this by creating a desktop shortcut with the "Run as administrator" option checked. When I launch the shortcut it asks for administrator privileges.

In order for me to further investigate this, could you please create a sample project that reproduces this and forward it to me together with a test case which I can follow in order to reproduce the problem?

You can attach the sample either here or you can send it by e-mail at support at advancedinstaller dot com.

Best regards,
Liviu

smljoju

Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:16 pm

thanks for the quick reply

after further checking it seems that it was because I tried to manually edit AIP file and remove lines related to

Code: Select all

<ROW Name="ShortcutFlags.dll" SourcePath="&lt;AI_CUSTACTS&gt;ShortcutFlags.dll"/>
, it seems that ShortcutFlags is used to set flags related to running as admin, so it might have messed up because of that. I just restored it then everything seems to go well.

Liviu

Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:26 pm

You're welcome!
after further checking it seems that it was because I tried to manually edit AIP file and remove lines related to
Please note that we do not recommend editing manually the .aip (for example in a text editor like notepad). This can corrupt your project and it may not be recoverable.

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us.

Best regards,
Liviu

Return to “Common Problems”