nchounlapane

Prerequisite selector version check and controls

Tue Dec 14, 2021 12:23 am

Advanced Installer version 16.7

I have a few prerequisites that are under post-install. I'm trying to have the prerequisite selector show the user that the found version of an existing application is older than the required version. Within the attached files, I've included a sample AI project to showcase this. In this example, I have 2 different versions of AdoptOpenJDK that are set to post-install installation. Both Install Conditions are set to Install prerequisite based on conditions with a criteria to check Product Version (identify by Upgrade Code). They both have the same Upgrade Code.

On my local machine, I have the lower version of AdoptOpenJDK installed. During runtime, the latest version of AdoptOpenJDK shows the required version, but the Found version is left blank on my local machine within the prerequisite selector (see image attached). I'm not understanding how AI is checking the current version via Upgrade Code.

Some troubleshooting I've tried:
-Checked Use 64-bit locations when evaluating conditions on a 64-bit machine
-Build on Advanced Installer 18.3

On a separate note, I have a few other questions:
1. Is there a way to disable the checkboxes within the prerequisite selector?
2. If you have an older prerequisite installed (that was originally set as optional install), is there a way to force install on upgrade if there is a newer version from the prerequisite list?
Attachments
FeatureUpgradeTest.aip
(25.71KiB)Downloaded 153 times
FeatureUpgrade.jpg
FeatureUpgrade.jpg (35.41KiB)Viewed 2866 times

Catalin

Re: Prerequisite selector version check and controls

Tue Dec 14, 2021 11:42 am

Hello,

I am not sure I fully understand your scenario here.

Would you expect the "Found" field to display the older version of the "AdoptJDK"?

If that is the case, please note that the "Found" field will only be filled if the respective version is found. This is reflected in the "Action" field, where only the prerequisite whose version was not found will be installed.
1. Is there a way to disable the checkboxes within the prerequisite selector?
I am afraid it is not possible to disable the checkboxes. To achieve this, you might need to develop your own dialog in which you condition the state of the checkbox.
2. If you have an older prerequisite installed (that was originally set as optional install), is there a way to force install on upgrade if there is a newer version from the prerequisite list?
Please note that this should be the default behavior, without the "force" part. If the user will select the prerequisite for installation, then the new version should be installed.

Please let me know if there is anything else I could help you with and I will gladly assist.

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

nchounlapane

Tue Dec 14, 2021 4:55 pm

Thank you for your response!

Nick

Catalin

Wed Dec 15, 2021 7:27 pm