portolansanselm

Surface Theme customization of buttons dont work

Wed Jan 12, 2022 5:48 pm

Hello,

I have a problem with the redesign of a theme.I wanted to change the "Orange Surface" Theme to our
company colors. To do this, I edited all the files from the path "C:\Program Files(x86)\Caphyon\Advanced Installer 19.0\themes\resources\variations\metroorange".
edited with an editing program and changed the colors. Also it is displayed correctly in the preview:
Preview.png
Preview.png (97.46KiB)Viewed 1814 times
(See the two buttons are correct)

When I test it now I get the following result:
TestInstallation.png
TestInstallation.png (29.87KiB)Viewed 1814 times
The buttons as well as the frame is orange again. Sometimes as well the transparent border at the top gets orange too.
Can someone tell me why this is not adopted or how to change the frame as well as the buttons correctly? And of course the window border on
the top too?

Have a nice day and Best Regards!
Stefan Anselm

Catalin

Re: Surface Theme customization of buttons dont work

Fri Jan 14, 2022 3:33 pm

Hello Stefan and welcome to our forums,

My colleague Dan has recently wrote an article regarding editing our default themes.

Please have a look over it here:

How-to create new variations for an Advanced Installer theme

Regarding the fact that the button is orange instead of your colour is perhaps because you did not modify the "nextcancelbuttons.png" image.

Also, please make sure you are editing the right resources for your theme. The path to the resource should be something as it follows:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Caphyon\Advanced Installer 19.0\themes\surface\resources\variations\metroorange

not:

C:\Program Files(x86)\Caphyon\Advanced Installer 19.0\themes\resources\variations\metroorange (without the "surface" folder)

(perhaps this is only a typo, so please ignore it if it's not the case for you)

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

portolansanselm

Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:00 am

Hello Catalin,

as you mentioned that was my fault. I replaced the images with the same name and the preview showed me the correct one, so i didnt knew
i have to direct them every single one again. But now it works, thanks a lot, aswell for the article, very helpfull!

Have a nice week,
Stefan

Catalin

Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:24 am

You are always welcome, Stefan!

I am glad everything is working as expected now.

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”