luanto

A more recent version is already installed error when installing newer version

Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:54 am

Hi guys,

I have my software built by Advanced Installer, everything works fine when I upgrade my software from version 1.9.x to 2.00. But when I upgrade from 2.00 to 2.00.1, I see this error displayed: "A more recent version of [ProductName] is already installed". When I try changing the version to 2.01, it works! The main problem is I want my next version is 2.00.1, not 2.01 since I just have minor updates to my software. So anything that I can do to fix this? Please help!

Liviu

Re: A more recent version is already installed error when installing newer version

Mon Jan 17, 2022 12:37 pm

Hi and welcome to our forums,

I've tested your scenario, but I cannot reproduce the behavior. The 2.00.1 version is installed successfully after 2.00 version on my machine.

Can you please have a look on the following forum thread which debates a similar issue:A more recent version of xxxx is already installed on this computer.
There are two things that can be done now:

- Recommended: use the "Save as Template" option for the first project and start again from there.

- change all the GUIDS from your project, which can include: ProductCode, UpgradeCode, all the component GUIDS from the "Organization" page.
Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Liviu

luanto

Re: A more recent version is already installed error when installing newer version

Tue Jan 18, 2022 8:10 am

Hi Liviu,

Before posting this topic, I tried to use "save as template", changed Product code and Upgrade code but nothing work. It only works when I change the version to 2.01. Please take a look at my setting on Upgrades page. Is there something wrong? Note that I'm using Advanced Installer 18.3.
Attachments
Screenshot 2022-01-18 140719.png
Screenshot 2022-01-18 140719.png (22.22KiB)Viewed 2306 times

Liviu

Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:11 am

Hi,

I still cannot reproduce this on a sample project.

In order for us to further investigate this issue, can you please send us the following resources:

1. the .AIP (setup project) file for version 2.00
2. the .AIP (setup project) file for version 2.00.1
3. and an installation log of the upgrade process when the issue appears.

file by email to support at advancedinstaller dot com?

Best regards,
Liviu

Return to “Common Problems”