WyoDoug

Installer downloading new version does not launch newer downloaded version

Thu Mar 31, 2022 5:19 pm

Howdy all,

This is a really weird issue that has cropped up with our latest installation. :!:

One of the tests QA does before the release of our next installation will take an older version of our installation and run it. When it runs, it is supposed to check to see if there is a newer version and then download that version for installation (if the user selects that).

I have tested it repeatedly on several different machines and can never get it to fail. But on a few machines local to the company network, the download works as expected, but when it goes to launch the product, it fails to launch the newly downloaded install:
Image.

It's very weird and difficult to reproduce. If we delete all prior download setups, it appears to work, but that hasn't been confirmed as there is another machine it still fails on despite doing that.

Post won't let me upload the ProcMon log, but that may have more information.

Any ideas on what may cause this behavior?
Attachments
LogImg.png
LogImg.png (279.28KiB)Viewed 1163 times

Catalin

Re: Installer downloading new version does not launch newer downloaded version

Tue Apr 05, 2022 12:21 pm

Hello Douglas,

Unfortunately, this is an issue that I already investigated (some other customer reported it over email) and managed to reproduce on our end.

We already managed to isolate and fix it.

I will be able to provide a fix, so you do not have to wait until the release, but via email.

With that being said, please expect an email from our address, support at advancedinstaller dot com.

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Catalin

Re: Installer downloading new version does not launch newer downloaded version

Thu Apr 28, 2022 3:31 pm

Hello Douglas,

This has been fixed in version 19.4 of Advanced Installer, released on April 26th, 2022.

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”