ogelfond

Background for Quick Selection Tree and EditBox

Mon Apr 18, 2022 9:58 pm

I'm using Graphite theme with Enhanced User Interface enabled, but Quick Selection Tree and Edit controls have white background and no Transparent option in settings. Is there a way to specify custom background for these two controls to match the theme background? Thanks. I'm using AI v19.3
Attachments
Capture2.PNG
Capture2.PNG (30.56KiB)Viewed 1787 times
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (40.46KiB)Viewed 1787 times

Liviu

Re: Background for Quick Selection Tree and EditBox

Tue Apr 19, 2022 11:46 am

Hello,

Unfortunately, we don't have such option to set the background to transparent. However, you can change the background color of these controls by setting the "AI_CONTROL_VISUAL_STYLE" property as explained in the following forum thread: "How do I change this color?"

In order to achieve this you can set the "AI_CONTROL_VISUAL_STYLE" property to something like this:

• decimalBackgroundColor;decimalOverBackgroundColor;decimalBorderColor;decimalOverBorderColor
where the above components value represent a decimal color value.

You can add a "Set installer property" custom action with sequence before "Wizard Dialogs Stage -> Searches" action group like this:

• Property: AI_CONTROL_VISUAL_STYLE
  • Formatted: 6379080;427655;677679;1617031
AI_CONTROL_VISUAL_STYLE_EX is used when the control is disabled.

That is the output of the above values:
AI_CONTROL_VISUAL_STYLE.png
AI_CONTROL_VISUAL_STYLE.png (200.53KiB)Viewed 1779 times

Unfortunately, the background used for this theme is an image and as you can see it has some strips on it.

In order to find the related decimal color value you can proceed like this:
- Go to "Themes -> Text Styles" tab and add a new text style with a desired color(e.g. MyStyleColor).
- Go to "Table Editor" page, select "TextStyle" table and search for the above text style decimal color value.

Hope this helps! If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us.

Best regards,
Liviu

ogelfond

Tue Apr 19, 2022 1:30 pm

Thank you for your quick reply. I followed your suggested steps and seems like it worked, but it changed background for all existing controls. Is there a way to set it specifically for the Edit box or quick selection tree (by using control ID or something like that)? Thanks!

ogelfond

Tue Apr 19, 2022 8:14 pm

Another similar question. I was testing Maintenance Dialog, and noticed that Radio Buttons on Modify screen are not rendered properly either. In this case, they look fine during preview and when using "Test Maintenance UI" build, but the background switches to gray, when I'm running actual exe build. Please advise.
Attachments
radiobutton_designview.PNG
radiobutton_designview.PNG (67.55KiB)Viewed 1769 times
radiobutton_actualdialog.PNG
radiobutton_actualdialog.PNG (34.58KiB)Viewed 1769 times

Liviu

Wed Apr 20, 2022 8:20 am

Hello,
Thank you for your quick reply. I followed your suggested steps and seems like it worked, but it changed background for all existing controls. Is there a way to set it specifically for the Edit box or quick selection tree (by using control ID or something like that)? Thanks!
Unfortunately, we do not have support to set the background for individual controls.
Another similar question. I was testing Maintenance Dialog, and noticed that Radio Buttons on Modify screen are not rendered properly either. In this case, they look fine during preview and when using "Test Maintenance UI" build, but the background switches to gray, when I'm running actual exe build. Please advise.
As for that problem, I cannot reproduce it.

Can you please check if you have the Enhanced User Interface set to "Always" in the "Themes" page --> "Settings" tab?

Otherwise, can you please forward to us your .AIP (setup project) file by email to support at advancedinstaller dot com so we can further test and investigate this?

Best regards,
Liviu

Return to “Common Problems”