ogelfond

Display current progress action in one line

Wed Apr 27, 2022 5:37 am

I'm trying to add Installation Progress text to Progress dialog. I originally followed this tutorial: https://www.advancedinstaller.com/user- ... mmary.html

It works fine, but the text in the text box is not rendering clearly (it's blinking every half a second or so) and I would like to display only currently performed action in one line and just update that one line text box with the most recent action from the log. Is it possible to do? I would also like to use regular Static Text control instead of mulitline edit box since it allows transparent background.

Liviu

Re: Display current progress action in one line

Wed Apr 27, 2022 7:46 am

Hello,
It works fine, but the text in the text box is not rendering clearly (it's blinking every half a second or so)
That happens because you might used the "Display action text during install" event. This is like the default one located on "Status:"
status.png
status.png (61.8KiB)Viewed 1477 times
Is it possible to do? I would also like to use regular Static Text control instead of mulitline edit box since it allows transparent background.
You can also follow the steps from the tutorial and use a "Static Text" control. But keep in mind that the text will be displayed one below the other when using the "Display installation actions summary" event.
Screenshot.png
Screenshot.png (301.74KiB)Viewed 1477 times

To change the current row you need to use the "Display action text during install" event, but this will "blink" as you said because the installation moves faster to the next event. This will be visible long enough on operations such long custom actions (PowerShell scripts, writting to registry, etc.).

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Liviu

ogelfond

Wed Apr 27, 2022 3:54 pm

Got it. Thank you for prompt reply!

Liviu

Wed Apr 27, 2022 5:27 pm

You're welcome!

Best regards,