bdhobbs

Pushing along loading and missing required item errors for some time

Tue May 03, 2022 10:01 pm

Hello,

So, we have been pushing along some errors for some time. When I open the project, I get the following:
Loading error: could not find control SQLServerConnectionDlg-TestConnectionLink for control event
Loading error: could not find control SQLServerConnectionDlg-BrowseDatabases for control event
Loading error: could not find control SQLServerConnectionDlg-BrowseDatabases for control event
Missing required item: SQLServerConnectionDlg#TestConnectionLink Type: Control.
Missing required item: SQLServerConnectionDlg#BrowseDatabases Type: Control.

It doesn't really seem to effect anything. Looking at the *.aip file, best I can tell by searching it seems to correspond to a single row:
<ATTRIBUTE name="DeletedRows" value="CancelDlg#No#EndDialog#Return#1@SQLServerConnectionDlg#TestConnectionLink#[SqlConnectionResult]#Connection failed#SqlConnectionOK AND (SqlConnectionOK &lt;&gt; &quot;1&quot;)@SQLServerConnectionDlg#TestConnectionLink#[SqlConnectionResult]#Connection successful#SqlConnectionOK = &quot;1&quot;@SQLServerConnectionDlg#TestConnectionLink#[SqlConnectionString]#Driver=[\{]ODBC Driver 13 for SQL Server[\}];Server=[SERVER_PROP];Uid=[USERNAME_PROP];Pwd=[PASSWORD_PROP];#AI_INSTALL"/>

However, when I go to the Table Editor, and click on Control Event, I get the following error every time:
[SEH_AV_READ_BADPTR] ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xc0000005) at address [0x015901e6]

Advanced Installer 19.0 build a63f0e0b
*** Stack Trace (x86) ***

[0x015901e6] -----
[0x01eae6c4] -----
[0x01d502bd] -----
[0x01d4bc9a] -----
[0x01d48d31] -----
[0x01d489b7] -----
[0x00eb0000] MODULE_BASE_ADDRESS

When I click the button in the modal dialog, "Send Error Report" it does nothing.

I am using AI 19.0.

Cheers,
Bryan

Liviu

Re: Pushing along loading and missing required item errors for some time

Wed May 04, 2022 3:11 pm

Hello Bryan,

I'm not sure why this is happening. It looks like your project got corrupted somehow.

Can you please send us the .AIP (setup project) file by email to support at advancedinstaller dot com so we can further test and investigate this?

Best regards,
Liviu

JordyMeng2

Tue May 10, 2022 8:03 am

I currently have the exact same issue when upgrading from 18.2 to 19.3. It even doesn't allow me to make any builds which is a bummer. Could you please advise if this has been fixed for you and how?

Thanks!

Liviu

Tue May 10, 2022 8:19 am

JordyMeng2 wrote:
I currently have the exact same issue when upgrading from 18.2 to 19.3. It even doesn't allow me to make any builds which is a bummer. Could you please advise if this has been fixed for you and how?

Thanks!
Hello,

We haven't received any email with the .aip file from Bryan.

Please send us the .AIPs files (both old aip and after conversion) by email to support at advancedinstaller dot com so we can further test and investigate this.

Best regards,
Liviu

JordyMeng2

Thu May 12, 2022 9:54 am

Liviu wrote:
Tue May 10, 2022 8:19 am
JordyMeng2 wrote:

Thanks!
Hello,

We haven't received any email with the .aip file from Bryan.

Please send us the .AIPs files (both old aip and after conversion) by email to support at advancedinstaller dot com so we can further test and investigate this.

Best regards,
Liviu
Hi Liviu,

I have been able to fix the problem myself by adjusting a line within the AIP file. I found that this line in the XML file was the line which cause all the errors:

<ATTRIBUTE name="DeletedRows" value="AdminBrowseDlg#Logo@AdminInstallPointDlg#Logo@BrowseDlg#Logo@CustomizeDlg#Logo@DiskCostDlg#Logo@ExitDialog#LaunchProdText@ExitDialog#ViewReadmeText@FatalError#LogCheckBoxLabel@FolderDlg#Logo@FolderDlg.aip@LicenseAgreementDlg#Logo@MaintenanceTypeDlg#Logo@MaintenanceTypeDlg.aip@MsiRMFilesInUse#Logo@OutOfDiskDlg#Logo@OutOfRbDiskDlg#Logo@ProgressDlg#Logo@SQLServerConnectionDlg#BrowseDatabases@SQLServerConnectionDlg#DatabaseCombo@SQLServerConnectionDlg#DatabaseLabel@SQLServerConnectionDlg#Logo@UI.aip@VerifyReadyDlg#Logo@VerifyRemoveDlg#Logo@VerifyRemoveDlg.aip@VerifyRepairDlg#Logo"/>

The error specifically stated that the @SQLServerConnectionDlg#BrowseDatabases control could not be found. So I removed this part from the line above (bold part), saved the XML and opened the AIP file again. This time the error was gone. The only thing that you will see is that the control has been created again in the specific dialog. So for me the BrowseDatabases button was back in my SQLServerConnection dialog. I could just delete that again and everything worked like it normally would.

So just a quick explanation how I solved it.

Jordy

Liviu

Thu May 12, 2022 10:04 am

Hello Jordy,

Thank you for your follow-up and I'm glad you fixed the problem.

However, please note that we do not recommend editing manually the .aip (for example in a text editor like notepad). This can corrupt your project and it may not be recoverable.

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us.

Best regards,
Liviu

bdhobbs

Tue May 24, 2022 3:43 pm

Hello Liviu,

I did a diff of the .aip file that I sent you and you fixed. So, the fix was basically to delete the "DeletedRows" attributes for components: caphyon.advinst.msicomp.MsiBinaryComponent, caphyon.advinst.msicomp.MsiControlComponent, and caphyon.advinst.msicomp.MsiControlEventComponent.

That is fine, however, it doesn't build now, and it is probably from the last of these components.

Error calling MSI API: 1627 Method: MsiDatabaseImport Table: ControlEvent. Extended Error:
Write Table IDT: 1: 2216 2: C:\Users\BRYAN~1.HOB\AppData\Local\Temp\BUI21DD.tmp\AIT185E.tmp 3: ControlEvent.idt 4: 109 .

Advanced Installer 19.0 build a63f0e0b
*** Stack Trace (x86) ***

[0x761eb922] RaiseException()
[0x029ad12a] -----
[0x0192fc59] -----
[0x0192b4cb] -----
[0x01942283] -----
[0x019425f4] -----
[0x0188ae11] -----
[0x0189352c] -----
[0x01766b95] -----
[0x01766a71] -----
[0x0188867b] -----
[0x019fb85b] -----
[0x01552b87] -----
[0x013cc300] -----
[0x01237893] -----
[0x0211dae8] -----
[0x77bb5dce] RtlAllocateHeap()
[0x00f70000] MODULE_BASE_ADDRESS

Thanks,
Bryan

bdhobbs

Tue May 24, 2022 9:47 pm

I figured it out...as with JordyMeng2, I had to go back through the dialogs and re-remove the controls that were deleted. But the error was caused by one of the Dialogs having a duplicate Control Event. In my case, it was a Close Dialog Published Event on a button.

Thanks for your help.

Cheers,
Bryan

Liviu

Wed May 25, 2022 7:15 am

Hello Bryan,

This is quite strange as I've been able to build your project with dummy resources before I sent it to you.

Anyway, I'm glad you solved this and everything is working as expected now.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Best regards,
Liviu

Return to “Common Problems”