mli04

Using a custom digital signature causes the UAC window to display incorrect product name

I changed the digital signature from Built-in to Custom, the signature tool is signtool.exe, and the command line parameter is sign /a /ac "C:\certificate\DigiCert-G4-to-HAEVRCA-CodeSigningCrossCert.crt" /tr http: //timestamp.digicert.com /td sha256 /fd sha256.

After this modification, build the installation package and install it, and then uninstall the software through the control panel. In the UAC window that pops up, the icon and software name are incorrect, please refer to the following screenshot:
Attachments
CustomSignature.png
CustomSignature.png (16.2 KiB) Viewed 1346 times
Built-inSignature.png
Built-inSignature.png (18.42 KiB) Viewed 1346 times
mli04

Re: Using a custom digital signature causes the UAC window to display incorrect product name

I found the cause of the problem, need to add the /d parameter to the command line.
The issue has been resolved and you do not need to investigate the issue again. excuse me.
Liviu

Re: Using a custom digital signature causes the UAC window to display incorrect product name

Hello,

Thank you for your follow-up and for sharing the solution here. I'm sure it will be helpful to other users facing the same scenario.

If you have any other questions, please let us know.

Best regards,
Liviu

Return to “Common Problems”