kjullion

Release Date property of the Configs projects

Thu Aug 25, 2022 9:38 pm

Hi,
We understand that the updater config project has a Release Date field that is available.

What we would like to do is publish an auto-update on about the 29th of the month, but with a release date set to the 1st of the following month. So, on Aug 29th publish the auto update to our website, but we would like it that the Updater doesn't "see" or "use" that new release until Sep 1st (that is ReleaseDate=01/09/2022 in the .aiu file).

Note that we don't utilize license checking in any way, so that is why I am not sure if the Release Date field would be helpful to our situation or not?

Thanks in advance,
Kevin

Catalin

Re: Release Date property of the Configs projects

Mon Aug 29, 2022 3:14 pm

Hello Kevin,

I'm afraid that is not possible.

Once the update is published, if the updater is ran on your user's ends, then it will detect it.

Please let us know if you have any other questions and we will gladly assist.

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

kjullion

Mon Aug 29, 2022 9:07 pm

Thanks for the reply Catalin. Two related questions:

Is there anything to prevent us from using the "Release Date" field for our own purposes in the .aiu file even if we aren't using License Validity Checks? We think we have a possible workaround solution which might make that field useful to us.

I don't know if this is considered a bug or not, but the AI user interface shows the "Release Date" as a calendar control which correctly uses my machine's date format of "mm/dd/yyyy" (in the USA for example, Sept 1, 2022 is: 09/01/2022), but when I build the AIU file it puts into that file "Release Date = 01/09/2022"...which in the USA does not represent Sept 1, 2022, but is in fact represents Jan 9, 2022.

Thanks!

Catalin

Wed Aug 31, 2022 1:13 pm

Hello Kevin,
Is there anything to prevent us from using the "Release Date" field for our own purposes in the .aiu file even if we aren't using License Validity Checks? We think we have a possible workaround solution which might make that field useful to us.
It is not mandatory to use this feature only with License Validity Checks, although it is required to use it if you use the License Validity Checks.
I don't know if this is considered a bug or not, but the AI user interface shows the "Release Date" as a calendar control which correctly uses my machine's date format of "mm/dd/yyyy" (in the USA for example, Sept 1, 2022 is: 09/01/2022), but when I build the AIU file it puts into that file "Release Date = 01/09/2022"...which in the USA does not represent Sept 1, 2022, but is in fact represents Jan 9, 2022.
Regarding this, I believe we automatically convert the date so our Updater can "understand" it. I will discuss this with our developer for more details.

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”