petery

COM Error [0x8007000d]: (The data is invalid.)[ERR] Could not get Admin Section 'system.web/identity'

Wed Aug 31, 2022 4:37 pm

Hello,
I got errors when installing an IIS application
COM Error [0x8007000d]: (The data is invalid.)[ERR] Could not get Admin Section 'system.web/identity', with entry path 'MACHINE/WEBROOT/APPHOST/Default Web Site/fweb'.
[ERR] [ERR] Received NULL element as input parameter, aborting..
COM Error [0xffffffff]: (Unknown error 0xFFFFFFFF)[ERR] Cannot set property. Aborting..
COM Error [0xffffffff]: (Unknown error 0xFFFFFFFF)[ERR] Could not set ASP properties for 'Default Web Site/fweb'.
COM Error [0xffffffff]: (Unknown error 0xFFFFFFFF)[ERR] Could not set common entity properties.
COM Error [0xffffffff]: (Unknown error 0xFFFFFFFF)[ERR] Could not create WebApp/VDir, isWebApp = true

MSI (s) (20!98) [07:34:34:133]: Product: PName Web -- Error 4034. There was an error during the IIS configuration process while trying to install Virtual directory 'Default Web Site//fweb/'.

I have changed the installation project file *.aip from type "11265" to "1025" for the three actions shown below but no help
<ROW Action="AI_IIsConfig" Type="1025" Source="iis.dll" Target="OnIIsConfig" WithoutSeq="true"/>
<ROW Action="AI_IIsInstall" Type="1" Source="iis.dll" Target="OnIIsInstall"/>
<ROW Action="AI_IIsRemove" Type="1025" Source="iis.dll" Target="OnIIsRemove" WithoutSeq="true"/>

I have no problem installing it on my personal machine but I got the above error when installing it on the GoDaddy.com Virtual server where I have the administrator right. The installation log is attached, Please help me out.

Thank you so much,
Peter
Attachments
log.zip
(140.08KiB)Downloaded 182 times

Catalin

Re: COM Error [0x8007000d]: (The data is invalid.)[ERR] Could not get Admin Section 'system.web/identity'

Thu Sep 01, 2022 8:49 am

Hello Peter and welcom to our forums,

If possible, could you please forward me a copy of your .AIP file by email at support at advancedinstaller dot com?

In addition to that, could you please let me know if this issue is reproducible on a specific machine, or perhaps on multiple machines?

For instance, on what machine have you tested this? From the log file, it looks like it is tested on a Windows Server machine, but I can not really tell on which one (2016, 2019, 2022).

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

petery

Re: COM Error [0x8007000d]: (The data is invalid.)[ERR] Could not get Admin Section 'system.web/identity'

Sat Sep 03, 2022 8:07 pm

Hi Catalin,
I have sent you the email with aip file attached. Please help me out, thanks.
Peter,

Liviu

Tue Sep 06, 2022 6:19 am

Hello Peter,

As I can see, my colleague Daniel has replied to you over the email.

Thank you for your patience.

Best regards,
Liviu

rjpedrosa

Wed Oct 19, 2022 12:23 pm

Hi,

I am having the same issue.

Any help?

Log attached
Attachments
package.zip
Install log
(235.03KiB)Downloaded 116 times

Liviu

Wed Oct 19, 2022 1:46 pm

rjpedrosa wrote:
Wed Oct 19, 2022 12:23 pm
Hi,

I am having the same issue.

Any help?

Log attached

Hello and welcome to our forums,

For Peter, the issue was caused by adding the "IIS URL Rewrite Module 2" prerequisite as a "Post-install".

Can you please add the "IIS URL Rewrite Module 2" and "ASP.NET Core Hosting Bundle 6.0.10" as a Pre-install prerequisites in the Prerequisites page?
prereq.png
prereq.png (15.61KiB)Viewed 5263 times

Hope this helps, otherwise please forward to us your .AIP (setup project) file and a download link for your setup package by email to support at advancedinstaller dot com so we can further test and investigate this.

Best regards,
Liviu

rjpedrosa

Wed Oct 19, 2022 2:47 pm

Hi,

It didn't sort it out unfortunately.

Just sent you an email with the aip and installer file.

My problem actually seems to be different, according to the log:

Code: Select all

[INFO] Committing changes to path 'MACHINE/WEBROOT/APPHOST'...
 COM Error [0x80090016]: (O conjunto de chaves não existe)[ERR] Cannot execute Commit operation.
 COM Error [0xffffffff]: (Unknown error 0xFFFFFFFF)[ERR] Cannot execute Commit operation.
 COM Error [0xffffffff]: (Unknown error 0xFFFFFFFF)[ERR] Could not set Authentication for 'Default Web Site/iBProcessModeller'.
 COM Error [0xffffffff]: (Unknown error 0xFFFFFFFF)[ERR] Could not set common entity properties.
 COM Error [0xffffffff]: (Unknown error 0xFFFFFFFF)[ERR] Could not create WebApp/VDir, isWebApp = true

Please note that this issue is happening on a machine which had IIS previously installed. It works fine on a clean one.

Liviu

Thu Oct 20, 2022 3:02 pm

Hello,
Any follow up on this?
I'm afraid we do not have 24/7 support, as we do not work in shifts here. The sizeable difference in our time-zones is because we are based in Eastern Europe, Romania. Our initial response time is up to 24 business hours. Our working hours are between 7 AM and 4 PM GMT (6 AM - 11 AM ET).

Also we try to address the support tickets of all customers who write us, even if their maintenance plan is expired, but we cannot always guarantee a reply in due time. This is because we have a bunch of daily tickets and the resources on our side are limited.

Thank you for your patience.

Now, back to your issue, I'm not able to reproduce this using your setup on my machine.

Also, please note that I needed to manually enable the IIS on my machine before installing your setup. This is because of the launch condition you added.

Please note that in the Launch Conditions page you can specify conditions that must be fulfilled in order for your application to install. Therefore if the target system does not have the "IIS" already enabled your package won’t be installed.

Can you please make sure there is no pending reboot or any windows updates pending for configuration?

If you can reproduce this on a clean machine, can you please increase the verbosity from the log, passing the AI_DEBUGLOG through the command line?

Code: Select all

"D:\Sample.exe" AI_DEBUGLOG=1 /L*V "D:\example.log"
and forward to us this log file too.

Best regards,
Liviu

rjpedrosa

Thu Oct 20, 2022 5:22 pm

Hi

Thanks for the reply.

In my company we do have a license and maintenance plan (recently bought), but not through my account. By the wya, I am based in Portugal.
But thanks for the reply and sorry for keeping asking for a follow up. ;)

I have now removed the IIS launch condition (installer should enable it during install, doesn't need to be enabled prior to install, as launch condition)
The issue only happens when installing in a machine with another website already set up. I need a new Web Application to be created along with it.

It should be like:

- If IIS is not enabled, enable it and create new "Default Web Site" and a new web application under it.
- If IIS is enabled, create new web application under existing "Default Web Site" (along with any other web application already there)

But I am getting the following error for the second case, on some machines:
Screenshot_27.png
Screenshot_27.png (58.84KiB)Viewed 5166 times
Attached the extended log, as requested:
iBProcessModeller_InstallLog.zip
(217.63KiB)Downloaded 125 times
Thanks for your help

Liviu

Fri Oct 21, 2022 1:25 pm

Hello,

This is currently under investigation and I will let you know as soon as I will have a conclusive answer. Most likely Monday as we do not work on weekends.

We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience.

Best regards,
Liviu

Liviu

Mon Oct 24, 2022 12:24 pm

Hello,

I further investigated this, but I'm afraid I'm not able to reproduce this even once.

I've installed multiple applications before installing your setup, but the installation is successfully on my machines.

I tried your setup on Windows 10 and Windows 11
iis.png
iis.png (168.98KiB)Viewed 5116 times

Are you able to reproduce this on a clean machine?

Since you say this happens when you already have a website set up, can you please tell me if you created multiple applications starting from the same project? If so, this may cause problems.

In order to get more details about what happens I will send you by email a debug DLL.

Best regards,
Liviu

Return to “Common Problems”