mgorga

Wrong detection of Prerequisite ASP.NET Core Hosting Bundle 6.0

Hello,
I added the Predefined Prerequisite "ASP.NET Core Hosting Bundle 6.0.8" using Advanced Installer version 19.8.1 and it is not detecting correctly when this prerequisite is installed. I can see that is checking the Windows Registry HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Updates\.NET. I don't have this key at my Windows Server after installing the Core Hosting Bundle and it is trying to install the prerequisite always, even if it this is installed.

I changed the prerequisite to check the key HKLM\Software\Microsoft\ASP.NET Core\Shared Framework\v6.0\ and now it is working. As well, I am checking the file [ProgramFiles64Folder]\IIS\Asp.Net Core Module\V2\aspnetcorev2.dll because the key registry checks only ASP.NET Core but not the Hosting Bundle.

Is my workaround correct?

Best regards,
Mario
Catalin

Re: Wrong detection of Prerequisite ASP.NET Core Hosting Bundle 6.0

Hello Mario,

Yes, your workaround is correct.

When adding these prerequisites, our QA team does the research to find the required keys for each prerequisite.

What I would advise, however, is to also test this on a Windows 10/11 machine. Perhaps the keys are different between a Win10 and a Win Server machine.

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
mgorga

Hello Catalin,
my developer computer is Windows 10 and I see the same registry keys than in Windows Server 2019. I didn't test it using Windows 11. Thanks for your answer.

Best regards,
Mario
Catalin

You are always welcome, Mario!

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”