mgorga

Wrong detection of Prerequisite ASP.NET Core Hosting Bundle 6.0

Fri Sep 09, 2022 3:16 pm

Hello,
I added the Predefined Prerequisite "ASP.NET Core Hosting Bundle 6.0.8" using Advanced Installer version 19.8.1 and it is not detecting correctly when this prerequisite is installed. I can see that is checking the Windows Registry HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Updates\.NET. I don't have this key at my Windows Server after installing the Core Hosting Bundle and it is trying to install the prerequisite always, even if it this is installed.

I changed the prerequisite to check the key HKLM\Software\Microsoft\ASP.NET Core\Shared Framework\v6.0\ and now it is working. As well, I am checking the file [ProgramFiles64Folder]\IIS\Asp.Net Core Module\V2\aspnetcorev2.dll because the key registry checks only ASP.NET Core but not the Hosting Bundle.

Is my workaround correct?

Best regards,
Mario

Catalin

Re: Wrong detection of Prerequisite ASP.NET Core Hosting Bundle 6.0

Mon Sep 12, 2022 12:19 pm

Hello Mario,

Yes, your workaround is correct.

When adding these prerequisites, our QA team does the research to find the required keys for each prerequisite.

What I would advise, however, is to also test this on a Windows 10/11 machine. Perhaps the keys are different between a Win10 and a Win Server machine.

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

mgorga

Mon Sep 12, 2022 4:24 pm

Hello Catalin,
my developer computer is Windows 10 and I see the same registry keys than in Windows Server 2019. I didn't test it using Windows 11. Thanks for your answer.

Best regards,
Mario

Catalin

Tue Sep 13, 2022 10:23 am

You are always welcome, Mario!

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”