MGS

How to display a dialog when a button is pushed

Tue Oct 04, 2022 10:51 am

I want to display a dialog when a button is pushed. So I did it like in user guide:In order to display the dialog, the "Display a specific dialog" published control event must be used:

Select the button that will trigger the control event.
Select the “Published Events” tab in the “Control” pane.
Use the [ New... ] button to create a new control event. The Edit Control Events Dialog will be displayed.
Configure the control event as follows:
Name = Display a specific dialog
Argument = Choose the name of the dialog that you want to display when the button is pushed. If you don't want to use one of the existing dialogs but create a new one, choose the “<NewDialog>” option.
Condition = Leave this field unchanged if you don't want to condition the execution of this control event.

It works but how can I now allow the next button to display not this dialog i.g(dialog1) but the one next to it i.g(dialog2). Where I want this dialog(dialog1) to display only with push Button, and if the button is not pressed and the next button is pressed, the next dialog(dialog2) will display.
Thanks in advance.

Catalin

Re: How to display a dialog when a button is pushed

Tue Oct 04, 2022 12:10 pm

Hello,

I'm afraid I do not quite understand what you are trying to achieve here.

If possible, could you please create a sample project (AIP file) with what you've done so far and forward it to me together with what you'd like to achieve? You can forward it either here or by email at support at advancedinstaller dot com.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

MGS

Wed Oct 05, 2022 10:13 am

Hello,
Thank you, I solved the problem :) , it was a repetition in the name of the Dialog.
Best regards,
MGS

Catalin

Wed Oct 05, 2022 11:03 am

Hello,

Glad to hear everything is working as expected now! :)

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”