meihk

Built file prerequisites missing on some devices

Fri Oct 21, 2022 8:00 am

As mentioned in the subject, I have tried to build a .exe file, which has .net framework, nodejs,... as prerequisites.
After successful build, I tried to run the file on several laptops/ PCs.
The problem is: on some PCs, the installer request to install these prerequisites first (with their installer integrated, please see the attached screenshot), while for others, the prerequisite window is just missing and it goes directly to the main app installation.

Can you instruct me some ways to check for causes and fix this problem?
Thank you so much.
Attachments
prerequisite window.PNG
This is the prerequiste window, which does not show up in some devices
prerequisite window.PNG (512.95KiB)Viewed 2524 times

Catalin

Re: Built file prerequisites missing on some devices

Mon Oct 24, 2022 1:33 pm

Hello and welcome to our forums,

That might happen if the prerequisites are already installed on the respective machines and if you have added all your prerequisites as "pre-install".

Could you please make sure that the prerequisites are not already installed and retest this?

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

meihk

Fri Nov 04, 2022 10:53 am

Hi Catalin,

Thank you so much for response to my post.

Here's the situation:
I haave 2 different devices. Both have installed all software as mentioned in prerequisites list with same version.
-In the first device, it still shows the prerequisites window, which indicates that the existing "Node.JS" version does not comply with requirement (please see the picture I have sent before).
-In the second device, it just bypasses the prerequisites window and does not leave a remind for user to upgrade their "Node.JS" to meet the requirement.

For the Advanced Installer settings, yes, all 4 prerequisites are set as "pre-install".

Catalin

Mon Nov 07, 2022 1:23 pm

Hello,
-In the first device, it still shows the prerequisites window, which indicates that the existing "Node.JS" version does not comply with requirement (please see the picture I have sent before).
The reason it is shown in the first device is because the found Node.JS version is lower than the expected one and therefore it needs to be installed.

So this:
Both have installed all software as mentioned in prerequisites list with same version.
is not quite accurate.

In the second machine, most likely, the correct version is installed and therefore the dialog is skipped altogether.

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”