fede071

generate assets from command line

Mon Oct 24, 2022 1:35 pm

Hi everyone,

is it possible to trigger the action "generate" to generate assets from the command line or per script?

Thank you in advance,
Federica

Catalin

Re: generate assets from command line

Tue Oct 25, 2022 1:38 pm

Hello Federica,

I'm afraid this is not supported as for now.

I have, however, added this on our TODO list of improvements and hopefully this will be available in a future version of Advanced Installer.

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Catalin

Thu Oct 27, 2022 8:51 am

Hello Federica,

I have discussed this with our developer and we do not really see a use-case where you would need this.

If possible, could you please give us some more details about why would you need that option? Perhaps a use-case, that would really help.

Best regards,
Catalin

fede071

Thu Nov 03, 2022 3:47 pm

We are using Jenkins for continuous development. We have our Advanced Installer project in a mono-repo together with the rest of our application. We have nightly builds that create the installer. We do not want to push all the generated assets to our git history because it would be an overkill. We have the original ICO files though. Right now the installer cannot be generated because the generated assets are missing. We would like to generate the assets from the ICO files during our nightly build if they are missing or if they got changed from the previous build.

Do you have any suggestions for how to cover our use case with the current features of Advanced Installer?

Catalin

Thu Nov 03, 2022 4:31 pm

Hello Federica,

Thank you for your followup on this!
Do you have any suggestions for how to cover our use case with the current features of Advanced Installer?
I'm afraid not.

As previously mentioned, I have already added this on our TODO list of improvements. However, it has a low priority on our developer's list as you are the only customer who ever requested this. Once more customers will request this, I will increase the priority.

Thank you for your understanding!

Best regards,
Catalin

Catalin

Wed Dec 14, 2022 4:25 pm

Hello,

This improvement has been added in version 20.2 of Advanced Installer, released on December 14th, 2022.

Best regards,
Catalin

Return to “Common Problems”