Zsolt Kollarits

Empty prerequisites dialog

Mon Oct 24, 2022 8:08 pm

Dear Advanced Installer Support Team,

Could you please take a look at the attached image? Why do I see - sometimes - the prerequisites dialog without any content in it? How could I find out which prerequisite of ours is causing this?

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,
Zsolt
Attachments
qacl106_empty_prereq.png
qacl106_empty_prereq.png (12.38KiB)Viewed 4585 times

Zsolt Kollarits

Re: Empty prerequisites dialog

Tue Oct 25, 2022 12:32 pm

Dear Advanced Installer Support Team,

I have some more infos for this problem: it seems a second instance of our install wizard is started while the first one is in progress, we don´t really know why, but we can reliably reproduce the problem on one of our VMs.

So the following happens step-by-step:
1. We double-click on our TheServer.exe file, clicking Next, Next, Next...so that we start the installation.
2. The installation is being started, so that the files are copied and so on, the green progress bar is loading
3. After few MINUTES, for some reason, a SECOND install wizard is started (see the attached screenshot)
4. The SECOND install wizard is showing us the empty prerequsite dialog, then we click on OK and we see the WelcomeDlg
5. Starting a second installation is not possible, because if we click Next, Next, Next... in the SECOND install wizard, then at some point we got a Windows dialog saying (Another instance of Windows Installer is running ....)

To be honest, this issue is very very weird, we haven´t seen it ever, also now we can just reproduce it on one of our VMs, but still it would be good to know why it happens.

Best regards,
Zsolt
Attachments
qacl106_multiple.png
qacl106_multiple.png (119.61KiB)Viewed 4578 times

Catalin

Tue Oct 25, 2022 1:43 pm

Hello Zsolt,

This is quite strange, indeed.

Are you reproducing this on a clean VM. If not, then repetitive installations of your product may have triggered something on that specific machine that leads to this behavior.

If, however, you are able to reproduce this on a clean machine, please forward me the resources (.AIP file and the EXE) so I can run some tests on my end as well and see if I can find the culprit.

Additionally, a test-case would also help here.

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Zsolt Kollarits

Fri Nov 04, 2022 8:02 am

Hi Catalin,

After another round of testing Ithink there is a problem with that particular VM I've tested in the first round. I've tried on 3 other VMs, and I'm not able to reproduce the problem, so for now I would just close this ticket. In case we can reliably reproduce it, I'll let you know and we can reopen it.

Best regards,
Zsolt

Catalin

Fri Nov 04, 2022 3:15 pm

Thank you for your followup on this, Zsolt!

Glad to hear that! :)

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”