bkuiper

could not find control SQLServerConnectionDlg-TestConnectionLink for control event

We are trying to upgrade from 16.9 to 20.0. The build of the installer works fine, and the new installer seems to work without any issue, but when opening the old .aip file in the new version of Advanced Installer we get the following errors:
· Loading error: could not find control SQLServerConnectionDlg-TestConnectionLink for control event
· Loading error: could not find control SQLServerConnectionDlg-BrowseDatabases for control event
· Loading error: could not find control SQLServerConnectionDlg-BrowseDatabases for control event
· Missing required item: SQLServerConnectionDlg#TestConnectionLink Type: Control.
· Missing required item: SQLServerConnectionDlg#BrowseDatabases Type: Control.

Is there something that can be done to resolve these issues? The controls are available as they are part of your default templates and other controls are loaded without any issues.

I could send you our project file, but i'm unable to reach support@advancedinstaller.com.

This thread on your forum hints at a solution, but I’m hesitant to make manual edits to my project file: viewtopic.php?t=50384
Catalin

Re: could not find control SQLServerConnectionDlg-TestConnectionLink for control event

Hello,
I could send you our project file, but i'm unable to reach support@advancedinstaller.com.
The email issue should be fixed now, so can you please try to send the .AIP file once again?

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
bkuiper

Re: could not find control SQLServerConnectionDlg-TestConnectionLink for control event

I just resend the e-mail with the aip attached.
Liviu

Hello Bjorn,

I have replied to you over the email.

Let's continue the conversation there.

Best regards,
Liviu

I'm having the same issue, minus the TestConnectionLink part of the original post. Can someone assist? I'll send in a support email with the before and after .aip file state.

This happened after I attempted upgrade from 18.1.1 to 20.1.1. Opening an .aip afterwards gave this in the Notifications:

Liviu

Hello Jessica,

I have replied to you over the email.

Let's continue the conversation there.

Best regards,
Liviu

Hello,
I am experiencing identical issue with my project after update from version 15.7 to 21.6. Following issues are reported once the project is opened in Advanced Installer 21.6:

Loading error: could not find control SQLServerConnectionDlg-BrowseDatabases for control event
Loading error: could not find control SQLServerConnectionDlg-BrowseDatabases for control event
Missing required item: SQLServerConnectionDlg#BrowseDatabases Type: Control.

Would be grateful for any kind of assistance with resolving this issue.
Catalin

Hello Marcus and welcome to our forums,

If possible, please forward me a copy of your AIP file by email at support at advancedinstaller dot com so I can further assist here.

Best regards,
Catalin
MarcusB

Hi Catalin,
I've sent an email to specified email address yesterday evening. The email header says 'Request for assistance after upgrade to Advanced Installer 21.6' and refers to this thread inside its body. I've sent you AIP files for both version 15.7 and 21.6. I've also provided there some additional information.

Looking forward to your response.
Catalin

Hello Marcus,

Sorry for that, I did not notice the email.

I will reply to you over the email once I will be able to figure this out.

Best regards,
Catalin
MarcusB

Thank you for quick response. Please let me know if I can provide you with any additional information that would help resolving this issue. You can contact me directly if it will speed things up.
Catalin

Hey Marcus,

Please note I have already replied to you on the email with the fixed AIP file. :)

Best regards,
Catalin

Return to “Common Problems”