bkuiper

could not find control SQLServerConnectionDlg-TestConnectionLink for control event

Tue Nov 08, 2022 10:49 am

We are trying to upgrade from 16.9 to 20.0. The build of the installer works fine, and the new installer seems to work without any issue, but when opening the old .aip file in the new version of Advanced Installer we get the following errors:
· Loading error: could not find control SQLServerConnectionDlg-TestConnectionLink for control event
· Loading error: could not find control SQLServerConnectionDlg-BrowseDatabases for control event
· Loading error: could not find control SQLServerConnectionDlg-BrowseDatabases for control event
· Missing required item: SQLServerConnectionDlg#TestConnectionLink Type: Control.
· Missing required item: SQLServerConnectionDlg#BrowseDatabases Type: Control.

Is there something that can be done to resolve these issues? The controls are available as they are part of your default templates and other controls are loaded without any issues.

I could send you our project file, but i'm unable to reach support@advancedinstaller.com.

This thread on your forum hints at a solution, but I’m hesitant to make manual edits to my project file: viewtopic.php?t=50384

Catalin

Re: could not find control SQLServerConnectionDlg-TestConnectionLink for control event

Tue Nov 08, 2022 3:56 pm

Hello,
I could send you our project file, but i'm unable to reach support@advancedinstaller.com.
The email issue should be fixed now, so can you please try to send the .AIP file once again?

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

bkuiper

Re: could not find control SQLServerConnectionDlg-TestConnectionLink for control event

Tue Nov 08, 2022 8:30 pm

I just resend the e-mail with the aip attached.

Liviu

Wed Nov 09, 2022 1:23 pm

Hello Bjorn,

I have replied to you over the email.

Let's continue the conversation there.

Best regards,
Liviu

jkippes

Fri Nov 25, 2022 11:53 pm

I'm having the same issue, minus the TestConnectionLink part of the original post. Can someone assist? I'll send in a support email with the before and after .aip file state.

This happened after I attempted upgrade from 18.1.1 to 20.1.1. Opening an .aip afterwards gave this in the Notifications:

Liviu

Tue Nov 29, 2022 9:02 am

Hello Jessica,

I have replied to you over the email.

Let's continue the conversation there.

Best regards,
Liviu

Return to “Common Problems”