Mokofay

Unable to select folder from mounted ISO file

Sat Nov 19, 2022 7:00 pm

Hi Folks,

Our installer requires the deployment of a number of 7zip archives to specific folders on the target system.

We allow customers to either obtain these files by downloading them from a web site or selecting them from a folder in the file-system.

Since these files collectively are just under 3GB in size, some customers prefer not to download them and request us to provide an ISO file instead.

They then mount these this ISO file on the target system and select the folder containing these files on the mounted drive.

I have followed the instructions in the following link to allow customers to select a folder at install time:
https://www.advancedinstaller.com/user- ... for-folder

This works fine if they try to select a folder on a hard drive.

However, if they try to select a folder from a mounted ISO file, I see the following entries in the verbose log:

MSI (c) (70:78) [12:53:49:634]: PROPERTY CHANGE: Modifying BASE_PREREQUISITES_DIR property. Its current value is 'C:\Atlas\Source\Modules\P046-6\Setup\Output\Prerequisites\'. Its new value: 'E:\PreRequisites'.
Action ended 12:53:49: SelectFeaturesDialog. Return value 1.
MSI (c) (70:C4) [12:53:49:636]: Note: 1: 2318 2:
MSI (c) (70:C4) [12:53:49:637]: Note: 1: 1315 2: E:\PreRequisites\
MSI (c) (70:C4) [12:53:49:637]: Product: DS Agile Studio 3.0.0.40448 -- Error 1327. Invalid Drive: E:\PreRequisites

MSI (c) (70:C4) [12:53:49:638]: Doing action: PrerequisitesFolderDialog
Action start 12:53:49: PrerequisitesFolderDialog.
MSI (c) (70:78) [12:53:49:639]: PROPERTY CHANGE: Modifying BASE_PREREQUISITES_DIR property. Its current value is 'E:\PreRequisites'. Its new value: 'C:\Atlas\Source\Modules\P046-6\Setup\Output\Prerequisites\'.

In this case, the ISO file has been mounted to drive E: and I selected the E:\Prerequisites folder in the BrowseDlg.

I have enabled the CDROM Volume and Removeable Volume attributes in the DriveCombo control of the BrowseDlg but I still get this error when I select a folder on the mounted drive my attempt to change the property that stores the selected folder (BASE_PREREQUISITES_DIR) fails and its value reverts to the previous value.

This is a show-stopper for us.

Regards

-Mohamed

Catalin

Re: Unable to select folder from mounted ISO file

Mon Nov 21, 2022 4:55 pm

Hello Mohamed,

As it looks like, the Windows Installer does not seem to accept a folder from a mounted ISO as input.

Most likely, that error is thrown by the CheckTargetPath ControlEvent.

I'm afraid this is not quite something Advanced Installer has any control over.

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”