mli04

Uninstall shortcut does not appear in start menu

Thu Nov 24, 2022 8:50 am

Hello Team

I added a shortcut to uninstall in the aip file, but after the software is installed, the uninstall icon does not show up in the start menu.
Where am I doing wrong? Any help is greatly appreciated.
Attachments
bbb.png
bbb.png (157.66KiB)Viewed 3352 times
aaa.png
aaa.png (198.74KiB)Viewed 3352 times

Catalin

Re: Uninstall shortcut does not appear in start menu

Fri Nov 25, 2022 5:17 pm

Hello,

Not quite sure why that is happening.

I have run a test on my end and everything worked as expected. The shortcut was created under the "Start Menu".
Screenshot_28.png
Screenshot_28.png (330.89KiB)Viewed 3335 times

Please make sure that the component assigned to your shortcut is actually installed (i.e. it has no condition on it that is not met).

To do so, you can right click on your shortcut --> "Go to Component" and check the "Condition" field. If there's nothing here, you can also check the feature that contains the component as well.

If this is of no help, then please try to create a sample project that reproduces this and forward it to me.

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

mli04

Thu Dec 08, 2022 10:24 am

Hi Catalin

The shortcut icon of the application can be displayed normally.
The problem is that the shortcut icon for the uninstaller is not displayed correctly.
I have some new discoveries. I'll rephrase the problem.
1. We have developed two softwares A and B, and the shortcut icons for uninstalling programs have been added to the start menu of the two softwares.
2. We installed software A, and the shortcut icons for software A and the uninstaller were displayed in the start menu.
3. After installing software B, only the shortcut of software B is displayed in the start menu, and there is no shortcut icon for uninstalling the program.
4. Uninstall software A, then the shortcut icon for the uninstaller of software B in the start menu appears.

Best regards,
Andrew

Liviu

Fri Dec 09, 2022 10:21 am

Hello Andrew,

I've tested your scenario, but I cannot reproduce the behavior.
uninstall shortcut.png
uninstall shortcut.png (111.63KiB)Viewed 2742 times

Can you please send us the .AIP (setup project) files (for software A and B) and a test-case by email to support at advancedinstaller dot com so we can further test and investigate this?

If you cannot share with us your project files, it would be very helpful if you could isolate this problem in two sample projects that reproduce this issue so we could test them.

Best regards,
Liviu

Return to “Common Problems”