ultematum091

Issue with Advanced Installer MSIX installation not installing required dependencies

Hello,

I have been using Advanced Installer to create an MSIX installation package for my application, which is distributed through the Microsoft Store. However, I have noticed that the installation package does not install the required dependencies during the installation process. Specifically, I need the .NET Framework 4.8.0 to be downloaded and installed when the application is updated.

I have tested the same installation package with MSI installer for the App Center, and the dependencies are correctly installed. However, when the application is updated or downloaded from the Microsoft Store using the MSIX installer, the dependencies are ignored.

Could you please help me find a solution to this issue? I need the MSIX installation package to download and install the required dependencies automatically during the installation or update process, like the MSI installer does for the App Center.

Thank you for your help.
image_2023-04-11_165022974.png
image_2023-04-11_165022974.png (84.13 KiB) Viewed 8951 times
Catalin

Re: Issue with Advanced Installer MSIX installation not installing required dependencies

Hello,

Please note that "Prerequisites" are not supported in MSIX.

Instead, for MSIX we have something called "Dependencies", as you mentioned.

MSIX Applications: Handle Prerequisites by Declaring Dependencies in MSIX

Please have a look over the above article which explains in detail how this works.

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
ultematum091

Re: Issue with Advanced Installer MSIX installation not installing required dependencies

I can't install a dependency for .net framework 4.8 or another version, because I need to either specify an MSIX file or an already installed application from the MS Store, but the .net framework only includes in .exe and does not install in the directory where the applications are located MS Store, can you explain how to install such a dependency.
Catalin

Hello,

For now, I'm afraid that I do not have a solution.

As you mentioned, dependencies should either be an MSIX package or available to be downloaded from the Microsoft Store.

I have added this on our TODO list and our dev team will further investigate this.

Once I will have more information, I will update this thread.

Best regards,
Catalin
ultematum091

Catalin wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 2:01 pm Hello,

For now, I'm afraid that I do not have a solution.

As you mentioned, dependencies should either be an MSIX package or available to be downloaded from the Microsoft Store.

I have added this on our TODO list and our dev team will further investigate this.

Once I will have more information, I will update this thread.

Best regards,
Catalin
Hello, you have any updates?
Catalin

Hello,

I'm afraid not.

As previously mentioned, I will update this thread once I will have more information.

Thank you for your understanding!

Best regards,
Catalin

Return to “Common Problems”