Andres

Building Error on Azure devops.

Hello,

I'm getting this error when I try to run the azure pipelines:

"Failed to execute Advanced Installer task. Error: Build Checking builds status Build required. [ DefaultBuild ] Building package: D:\a\1\s\Deployment\Setup Files\PlantVision.msi Prepare build Detecting MSI incompatible resources Preparing files Creating CAB file(s) Creating MSI database Inserting CAB file(s) into MSI Writing Summary Information Error calling MSI API: 1627 Method: MsiDatabaseCommit Table: . Extended Error: 1: 2265 2: 3: -2147286928 . Build finished because an error was encountered"

That only happens when I run the azure pipelines, when I build the project on advanced installer it builds just fine. I'm using a single MSI and one CAB archive containing all installation files. Also I would like to know what that system error code: "-2147286928" means.

Thank you.
Liviu

Re: Building Error on Azure devops.

Hello and welcome to our forums,

The error code means "There is insufficient disk space to complete operation".
error 80030070 -2147286928.png
error 80030070 -2147286928.png (60.53 KiB) Viewed 1782 times

This error code is a generic Windows Installer error code and can have various meanings depending on the context in which it is used. However, one of the most common meanings of this error code is related to disk space issues. Can you please verify this?

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Liviu

Return to “Common Problems”