hartcw

Build error, missing resource for file_deleter.ps1

I'm using Advanced Installer 20.5.
Recently my project is getting an error when trying to build, its complaining about a missing resource:
Checking builds status
Error: Resources referred by the project are missing:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Caphyon\Advanced Installer 20.5\scripts\file_deleter.ps1
Error details

Build finished because an error was encountered. See Issues pane for more actions.

Whats odd is that I've not edited my project since the last successful build, so I can't explain why its suddenly stopped working.
I recently upgrading to 20.5, but I tested after the upgrade and the build was still working ok.

This "file_deleter.ps1" is not a resource that I added manually. Looking at the git log for my .aip, the reference to "file_deleter.ps1" has been there ever since I first created the project. It shows in the .aip file as:

Code: Select all

<ROW Name="file_deleter.ps1" SourcePath="&lt;AI_SCRIPTS&gt;file_deleter.ps1"/>

I tried to manually edit the .aip file and remove the line for "file_deleter.ps1", and rebuild. But Advanced Installer just re-adds the entry back into the .aip file.
Liviu

Re: Build error, missing resource for file_deleter.ps1

Hello and welcome to our forums,

We are currently investigating the file deletion issue on our end and we are aware of the situation.

To be able to build your project again, please try to run Advanced Installer 20.5 in Repair mode.

You can download the Advanced Installer from our website and run again the setup package. On the maintenance dialog, you can select the Repair option. This way the related script will be added on the disk.

Let us know if that helped you.

Best regards,
Liviu

> To be able to build your project again, please try to run Advanced Installer 20.5 in Repair mode.

I tried this and it failed, saying it could not find some .msi from 20.3.2 version.

> You can download the Advanced Installer from our website and run again the setup package. On the maintenance dialog, you can select the Repair option. This way the related script will be added on the disk.

I downloaded it and installed, selecting Repair mode.
file_deleter.ps1 is now back in the installation directory.

But when I try to build my project, I get this error:

Code: Select all

This project (fragment) was edited with a newer version of Advanced Installer (20.5) and cannot be loaded.

Weird, it now seems to be running v20.3.2.

OK, so I then completely uninstalled it, and re-installed it fresh again from the 20.5 installer.
Now it works!
Liviu

Hello,

Thank you for your follow-up on this.

It's great to hear that everything is now working as expected.

Best regards,
Liviu

I see that version 20.6 has now been released.

Liviu, Has this bug been fixed?
Liviu

Hello,

This was not a bug, but rather a false-positive detection of our file by Windows Defender.

Although we were unable to replicate the problem, we have taken the precautionary step of submitting the file for whitelisting to Microsoft, which confirmed that the file is clean based on their virus database.

Should you encounter this issue again, please don't hesitate to inform us.

Best regards,
Liviu

Return to “Common Problems”