Terrorsong

AI_RecycleBin

Hello!

Let me start this by saying I am new to these forums and Advanced Installer!

I am seeking assistance with a problem I am having with two devices on a network I manage. The devices have an AI_RecycleBin being generated and infinitely filled with files till the hard drives are full.

I'm not sure what is causing this and having spoken to both the end users neither of them is aware of any software that would use this file.

Currently, I am remotely logging into their devices and periodically deleting the AI_RecycleBin, but that is not practical and takes a lot of time out of my day to deal with both of these devices to keep them healthy as these files have filled the hard drive and left the devices inoperable.

Even after deleting the files and folders, a new AI_RecycleBin is generated and starts getting filled with files once again.

A more permanent fix for this would be amazing, and information about what applications are causing this and how to stop it from happening would be amazing too.

I would appreciate any help that could be given.

Thanks in advance!!
Catalin

Re: AI_RecycleBin

Hello and welcome to our forums,

Indeed, that is a folder related to Advanced Installer. This folder is used by our "File/Folder remove" operations from the "Files and Folders" page.

It is a temporary folder that is used to store the files that will be removed from the disk.

Could you please share with us a sample project that reproduces this (together with a test-case)?

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
Terrorsong

Hi Catalin,

We are an end user who has been troubleshooting the loss of disk space and have discovered that it was the AI_RecycleBin that was the source of the filled space, not a software developer.

We were hoping to find a solution as an end user.

Should we be going to the software developer that has causing the files to be generated and not deleted?

Regards.
Catalin

Hello,

I understand.

So basically our tool, Advanced Installer, is used to create installation packages.

Most likely, at some point, you have installed a product that was created with our software and generated that issue.

Newer versions of Advanced Installer do not have such behavior (otherwise we would have gotten some more complaints), so probably the installation package that you have installed was built using an older version which may have caused this.

Are you able to identify perhaps which app is doing this?

Best regards,
Catalin
Dumitru Budean

Hello Catalin,

I have the same problem on a server of my client.

How can identify the software that is generating the data in the AI_RecycleBin folder ?
Can this issue be solved ?

Thank You,
Dumitru Budean
Catalin

Hello and welcome to our forums,

Unfortunately, I'm not sure we can pinpoint which application exactly was created using Advanced Installer on that machine, as many of them could be.

However, if the folder poses a size issue, you can safely remove it from the machine.

Best regards,
Catalin

Return to “Common Problems”