asif0012

Buttons doesn't get translated during uninstallation

Hello,
I am using Advanced Installer 20.4, Enterprise Edition. I am using the translation feature of the Advanced Installer. While installing the application the translation works, and all the buttons get translated. But when I try to uninstall the application from the "Add or Remove Programs" section of a Windows machine. The text of the uninstall prompt gets translated but the buttons fail to translate.

Screenshot of the faulty Uninstall Modal:
adv_translation_01.png
adv_translation_01.png (88.27 KiB) Viewed 3707 times
Attached .aip file:
FileModalLocalizationTester.aip
(20.01 KiB) Downloaded 92 times

Steps to reproduce the error using the .aip file:
1. Generate the.exe file and Install the application
2. Uninstall the application from the "Add or Remove Programs" section of a Windows machine.
3. Faulty Uninstall Modal with the untranslated button will appear

All the buttons get translated during the installation. How can I translate the buttons of the Uninstall prompt?

Best Regards,
Asif
Liviu

Re: Buttons doesn't get translated during uninstallation

Hello Asif,

During an uninstall which is handled by the Windows Installer, the user interface level is set to simple progress and error handling (Basic UI), so no dialog can be displayed by the .MSI. This dialog (Basic UI) is displayed by default by Windows Installer when you uninstall the product from the Control Panel.

This seems to be related to the language selected when creating the .AIP project. Windows Installer is looking at the first populated columns from the translation when it displays this message for a short time.

I've talked with our development team, but I'm afraid currently we have no way to control the text on this dialog.

We cannot control the uninstallation UI when you use the "Remove" button from the Control Panel.

What you can try here is to set the Enhanced User Interface to "Always (install, uninstall and maintenance)" and check the "Use a single "Uninstall/Change" button instead of separate buttons for each operation" option in the Product Details page. When using these options, uninstalling from the Control Panel will be done using the maintenance dialogs.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

Best regards,
Liviu

Return to “Common Problems”