asif0012

Translation doesn't work properly while using Black Surface Theme

Hello,
I am using Advanced Installer version 20.4, Enterprise Edition. I am using the translation feature for the following languages:
1. English
2. German
3. French
4. Italian
5. Spanish

While using the translations, I have encountered the following issues.

Issues:
1. For the Italian Language, the "License Terms and Conditions" link text breaks on the "InstallDlg" page.

Screenshot:
EULA_Text_Overlap.png
EULA_Text_Overlap.png (26.57 KiB) Viewed 10618 times

2. Especially for the German Language (it might occur for all the other languages except English). The "MsiRMFilesInUse" special dialog shows the wrong text in the "OK" button.

Screenshot:
Used_files_wrong_button_text_02.png
Used_files_wrong_button_text_02.png (20.81 KiB) Viewed 10618 times

3. After the installation is complete, a "Restart Prompt" asks the user to restart the machine. But it doesn't get translated into another language (e.g. Italian, German, French, Spanish). It stays in the machine language which is "English".

Attached .aip file:
Issues 1 and 3 can be generated using the below .aip file.
TranslationWithSurfaceTheme.aip
(38.79 KiB) Downloaded 187 times

How to can I resolve the above issues?

Best Regards,
Asif
Liviu

Re: Translation doesn't work properly while using Black Surface Theme

Hello Asif,

Sorry for the delayed reply on this.
1. For the Italian Language, the "License Terms and Conditions" link text breaks on the "InstallDlg" page.
3. After the installation is complete, a "Restart Prompt" asks the user to restart the machine. But it doesn't get translated into another language (e.g. Italian, German, French, Spanish). It stays in the machine language which is "English".
I have tested this and I can indeed confirm the behavior.

I have forwarded this to our development team and hopefully these problems will be fixed in a future version of Advanced Installer. As soon as the fix will be released we will notify you.

I apologize for the inconvenience.

2. Especially for the German Language (it might occur for all the other languages except English). The "MsiRMFilesInUse" special dialog shows the wrong text in the "OK" button.
I'm able to reproduce this with your project. However, I am unable to reproduce it with a sample project I created.

As I can see in your project, the Control.ExtData.MsiRMFilesInUse#OK string was added in your project with empty values for the other languages.

In order to fix this, you can click on the OK button from the MsiRMFilesInUse dialog, select the Localization option and choose the Never translate this string option.
button localization.png
button localization.png (81.52 KiB) Viewed 9538 times

Or, you can leave the default option selected and go to the Translations page --> Default Strings tab and locate the Control.ExtData.MsiRMFilesInUse#OK string. Here add the [ButtonText_OK] value for the other languages:
buttonText.png
buttonText.png (17.69 KiB) Viewed 9538 times
buttonText2.png
buttonText2.png (66.34 KiB) Viewed 9538 times

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Liviu

Hello Liviu,
I want to include the translation feature in my product. But scenario 1 and 3 is causing inconsistency in my product. Will you be able to provide a timeline for when can I expect a fix for scenarios 1 and 3 in future advanced installer versions?

Best Regards,
Asif
Liviu

Hello Asif,

Advanced Installer 20.7 is set to be released this week; however, I regret to inform you that the fix for the issues mentioned above is currently being tested and will not be included in this version.

It is highly probable that the fix will be incorporated in Advanced Installer 20.8, which is scheduled for release at the end of next month.

We will inform you as soon as the fix is released.

Best regards,
Liviu

Hello,

This has been fixed in version 20.8 of Advanced Installer, released on June 28th, 2023.

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”