a.guelle

Debugging "Warning 2343: Specified path is empty" on uninstallation [solved]

Dear support team,

one of my installers stops with a fatal error on uninstallation showing a message box "Warning 2343: Specified path is empty". After a bit of trail & error I could figure out, it has something to with my directory variable "STORAGE_DIR_PROP". Unfortunately the error does only happen on some machines.

The extended logging with /L*V during uninstallation does not show the error, nor gives any other suitable hint. STORAGE_DIR_PROP is not empty and the conaining directory exists on the system.

What would be the best debugging strategy here?
Last edited by a.guelle on Mon May 22, 2023 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
a.guelle

Re: Debugging "Warning 2343: Specified path is empty" on uninstallation [solved]

I have overseen the following line caused by a custom action.

PROPERTY CHANGE: Deleting STORAGE_DIR_PROP property. Its current value is '...'.
Liviu

Re: Debugging "Warning 2343: Specified path is empty" on uninstallation

Hello,

I'm not sure why this happens.

To assist us in conducting a thorough investigation of this issue, we kindly request that you send us the following resources via email to support at advancedinstaller dot com:

1. the .AIP (setup project) file
2. a download link for your setup package
3. the uninstallation log

After we get the log of the installer version we can see exactly what action fails from the setup.

Once we identify what cause the failure, we can go with a repair for the cached MSI, or go with the removal of the broken installation as explain on our
How do I remove a broken installation?
FAQ.

To remove a broken installation you can also use the Microsoft Program Install and Uninstall tool.

The Program Install and Uninstall troubleshooter helps you automatically repair issues when you're blocked from installing or removing programs. It also fixes corrupted registry keys.

Best regards,
Liviu

Re: Debugging "Warning 2343: Specified path is empty" on uninstallation [solved]

Hi Liviu,

I found a custom action that I implemented deleting the property, so this is solved.

Thank you,

Angelo
Liviu

Hello Angelo,

Thank you for your follow-up on this.

It's great to hear that everything is now working as expected.

Best regards,
Liviu

Return to “Common Problems”