asif0012

MaintainanceTypeDlg for Black Surface Theme gets broken while using it through the "Modify" button of Control Panel

Hello,
I am using Advanced Installer version 20.4, Enterprise Edition. I am using the Black Surface Theme.

From the "Product Details" page, I unchecked the "Disable Repair" checkbox from the "Add or Remove Programs (Control Panel)" section. But when I built the installer and tried to open the "MaintainanceTypeDlg" window by using the "Modify" button of the "Add or Remove Programs" window. I can see a broken "MaintainanceTypeDlg" window. Even after checking the "Disable Repair" checkbox, the "MaintainanceTypeDlg" window doesn't get fixed, it stays like that.

How can I fix the broken "MaintainanceTypeDlg" window?

The "Modify" button from the "Add or Remove Programs" window:
modify_button_from_control_panel.png
modify_button_from_control_panel.png (8.37 KiB) Viewed 3005 times

The broken "MaintainanceTypeDlg" of Black Surface Theme:
Broken_Dialog.png
Broken_Dialog.png (21.44 KiB) Viewed 3005 times

Attached .aip file to generate the error:
Surface Theme.aip
(31.56 KiB) Downloaded 100 times

Best Regards,
Asif
Liviu

Re: MaintainanceTypeDlg for Black Surface Theme gets broken while using it through the "Modify" button of Control Panel

Hello Asif,

This happens because the Enhanced User Interface is not enabled for maintenance.

Can you please go to the Themes page --> Settings tab and check the Always (install, uninstall and maintenance) option under the User Interface section?

After that, the MaintenanceTypeDlg dialog should be rendered as expected.

Best regards,
Liviu

Return to “Common Problems”