asif0012

Prerequisites and Install extracted files doesn't get deleted after the installation

Thu May 25, 2023 11:34 pm

Hello,
I am using Advanced Installer version 20.4, Enterprise Edition.

I am some prerequisites and files in my installer. I know these Prerequisites and Install files get extracted to a folder during installation. I want to delete the extracted Prerequisites and Install files after the installation is complete. But the folders and files don't get deleted.

Prerequisites Extraction Path: [AppDataFolder][|Manufacturer]\[|ProductName] [|ProductVersion]\prerequisites
Install files Extraction Path: [AppDataFolder][|Manufacturer]\[|ProductName] [|ProductVersion]\install

How can I remove these extracted files and folders after the installation is complete?

The attached .aip file generates the error for the "Install" extraction folder. The extracted "Install" files don't get deleted.
ExtractToTempFolder.aip
(476.51KiB)Downloaded 124 times

I could not upload the .exe file with prerequisites which has prerequisites as "Pre-Install" prerequisites. The prerequisites folder also doesn't get deleted.

Best Regards,
Asif

Liviu

Re: Prerequisites and Install extracted files doesn't get deleted after the installation

Fri May 26, 2023 10:00 am

Hello Asif,

Our development team is currently aware of this issue and is in the process of evaluating it. As soon as the fix will be released we will notify you on this forum thread.

I apologize for any inconvenience caused by this.

Best regards,
Liviu

asif0012

Re: Prerequisites and Install extracted files doesn't get deleted after the installation

Mon Jun 19, 2023 8:49 am

Hello Liviu,

I want to delete the extracted folders after installation. I want to include that in my product. Will there be a fix for this with the next Advanced Installer release?

Best Regards,
Asif

Liviu

Mon Jun 19, 2023 9:59 am

Hello Asif,

Unfortunately, I regret to inform you that the fix for this issue will not be included in our upcoming release (Advanced Installer 20.8), planned for next week.

I have now increased its priority and hopefully this will be implemented in a future version (hopefully 20.9) of Advanced Installer.

Best regards,
Liviu

asif0012

Wed Jun 21, 2023 7:13 am

Hello Liviu,
Thank you for increasing the priority of this issue. We have a product release scheduled for next month. We really do not want to have this issue with our product.

Please try to give a fix with the next Advanced Installer version. We will wait for the next version to have it resolved.

Best regards,
Asif

Liviu

Wed Jun 21, 2023 2:27 pm

Hello Asif,

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention and emphasizing its importance for your product.

We understand your concerns and are committed to providing a solution.

Our development team has already prioritized this issue, and we will strive to include the fix in the upcoming release of Advanced Installer scheduled for next month (version 20.9).

Your patience is appreciated, and we assure you that we are dedicated to resolving this matter promptly. We will let you know when this issue is resolved.

Best regards,
Liviu

Catalin

Wed Jul 05, 2023 3:58 pm

Hello,

This has been fixed in version 20.8 of Advanced Installer, released on June 28th, 2023.

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”