mfc

Glitch with version number, etc.

Hi, a few questions...

Q1: I am experimenting with using AIW to package up my PMGlobe applcation, which is at version 3.21. According to the help document (nice, btw!), this format is allowed -- but if I try it, I get an error message and the version is set to 1.0.0.

Q2: how do I get a shortcut from the shortcut folder to the Desktop?

And a note: 'Save as...' lets you overwrite an existing file without any warning. Intentional?

Thanks.
Mike Cowlishaw
Cata

Hi Mike,

First, I LOVE PMGlobe! :-) And I am glad you're considering Advanced Insaller for it.

Q1: Yep, looks like a bug. Until fixed, I suggest using 3.21.0 as a version number, which is accepted.

Q2: You can't. Not yet, anyways. We are working on this feature and I hope it'll be ready for 1.2 or 1.3 at latest.

The no-warning overwrite is a bug too, thanks.

Regards,
Cata
Catalin Rotaru - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
mfc

OK, thanks for the quick response and for the kind words ... will stick with the .0 for now.

One (hopefully) last question: is there a way to find out where the user ended up putting the application? I tried setting a registry value to
[ApplicationFolder] on the offchance, but that didn't work (though [ProgramName] worked fine. But there's probably a 'better' way anyway?

[Why: I'd like to have a PMglobe.scr stub which invokes the .exe, but wondering how to find the .exe. I want to do it this way round so when running as a Application (the .exe) I only have the one process visible.][/quote]
Mike Cowlishaw
Cata

Not easy, but doable. Check out this thread:
http://www.advancedinstaller.com/forums ... c.php?t=49
Catalin Rotaru - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
mfc

(Sorry, for some reason I didn't get e-mail notification of your last post.)

I discovered (by browsing the AI XML file that [#pmglobe.exe] as a registry value gave me exactly what I need. So up and running :-)...
(Is there a list of the [...] variables anwhere?)
Mike Cowlishaw

Return to “Common Problems”