ienglan2

Custom Actions - vbs files

Thu Jan 22, 2004 4:29 pm

I am after some advice on firing off custom actions using AI.

I have a package that deploys a number of scripts to a server. I then want to have a Installed Custom Action fire off one of the scripts. The problem is that I always seem to get an error message:-

Product: Domain Controller Support Scripts -- Error 1720. There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A script required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor. Custom action new.vbs script error -2146827864, Microsoft VBScript runtime error: Object required: 'wscript' Line 5, Column 1,

I don't believe its the script, even v simple scripts that normally work ok also get the error.

Any advise on what I could be doing wrong or examples would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Cata

Fri Jan 23, 2004 10:59 am

The scripts run by MSI are not actually Hosted inside a wscript session and do not have access to a wscript object (which is provided by wscript.exe and is not a native part of the scripting system. You should CreateObject a wscript object yourself (for example "WScript.Shell").

Regards,
Cata
Catalin Rotaru - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”