brian

Create single exe?

Hi.

I have a few prerequisites and an msi that I'm creating with AI. Our case is kinda funny in that I need to modify the msi file using Orca to add items to a table (PublishComponent - it's for a Visio solution). After I'm done doing this, I'd like our final installer (msi, prerequisites, etc) to be packed in a single setup.exe.

Does anyone know if there's a command line program through AI that I can use to do this? If not, can someone recommend a utility that we could use?

Much thanks,
Brian
Ionut

Hello,
Does anyone know if there's a command line program through AI that I can use to do this? If not, can someone recommend a utility that we could use?
Advanced Installer does not include this feature and there is no utility for this kind of task.

However, the Publish Components functionality will be included in the next major release of Advanced Installer.

Regards,
Denis
Denis Toma
Advanced Installer Team
http://www.advancedinstaller.com/
Cata

A small and mostly harmless hack is to create the table with ORCA directly in the template.msi file from AI's installation folder. That file is the base for all created MSIs.

Anyway, this will be fixed in the next release, due this month.

Regards,
Cata
Catalin Rotaru - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”