brian

Installation Folders Ignored

I apoligize if this has been posted. The search feature on the forums site here is broken and won't search on the words 'application' 'install' or 'folder'. Odd bug.

We're using the latest AI. Up until I'm not sure how long ago our install would get installed to this folder:
[ProgramFilesFolder]OurCompany\TheSoftware

We hardcoded the 'OurCompany\TheSoftware' part.

For some reason now it ignores this and uses [ProgramFilesFolder][Manufacturer]\[ProductName]. No matter what we do, we can't make it go back to what it was.

We were also seeing that the automatic update exe wasn't being inserted into the installer, but what I did to fix that was uncheck the box to use it, save the file, reopen and check it again.

Has anyone else seen this problem? I highly suspect it has something to do with a bad .ai file but have no clue, just a hunch. We have other installation packages that work just fine with the same property.

Thanks,
Brian
Cosmin

Re: Installation Folders Ignored

Hi Brian,
The search feature on the forums site here is broken and won't search on the words 'application' 'install' or 'folder'. Odd bug.
Unfortunately the forum search ignores words which are too common. However, you can use the search on our website.
For some reason now it ignores this and uses [ProgramFilesFolder][Manufacturer]\[ProductName]. No matter what we do, we can't make it go back to what it was.
We were also seeing that the automatic update exe wasn't being inserted into the installer, but what I did to fix that was uncheck the box to use it, save the file, reopen and check it again.
Has anyone else seen this problem? I highly suspect it has something to do with a bad .ai file but have no clue, just a hunch. We have other installation packages that work just fine with the same property.
I'm not sure why you are encountering this behavior. Can you please send us the AIP (project) file to support at advancedinstaller dot com so we can investigate it?

Regards,
Cosmin
Cosmin Pirvu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
brian

Re: Installation Folders Ignored

Hi Cosmin. Thanks for the response. I'm guessing it was a character set problem but I can't be sure. I opened the file in an xml editor and modified a few lines, undid it, saved it, and the problem went away.

Brian

Return to “Common Problems”