enigma

Assemblies in GAC not updated

I think I found a bug ( or a limitation of AI) when comes to merge module.
  1. Download the MergeModuleProblem.zip
  2. Extract it
  3. It contains 2 files, 1 aip merge module, 1 dll.
  4. The aip file is a merge module that is supposed to point to the dll. So any installer that contains this merge module will package this dll.
  5. Go to the Project details->assemblies, you will get the below screenshot. This is expected. Note the version number
  6. Now, replace the dll with the one in the folder SyncfusionCoreLatestDll.zip. This dll's version (7.103.0.21) is different from the previous one (7.102.0.21)
  7. Go to the Project details->assemblies again, the dll is the same, but the version number is not updated

Is there anyway to synchronize between assemblies GAC with the assemblies I packaged? I need to always update my merge modules due to versioning change, so you don't expect me to synchronize the GAC all the time, do you?
Attachments
SyncfusionCoreLatestDll.zip
(39.29 KiB) Downloaded 343 times
MergeModuleProblem.zip
(40.47 KiB) Downloaded 354 times
Ionut

Re: Assemblies in GAC not updated

Hi,

Currently the attributes are extracted only when an assembly is added in the Assemblies page. This is a limitation of Advanced Installer which will be addressed in a future version. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

In the meantime, you can delete the assembly and then re-add it in the Assemblies page, or update the "Version" attribute manually.

Regards,
Ionut
Denis Toma
Advanced Installer Team
http://www.advancedinstaller.com/

Return to “Common Problems”