Cloak

Refreshing Synchronize folder through the command line

Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:58 pm

Is there a way to refresh synchronize folders through the command line?
I am using the trial version of AI 6.9

I saw this in the help file
"The Synchronized Folders functionality from Advanced Installer allows you to specify a folder in your project which is synchronized to a folder on your hard-drive. This means that every time a project is open, built or you press the [ Refresh ] button in the Files and Folders page, the content of that folder is synchronized to the content of the source folder on disk. "

Does a rebuild from the command line count to cause the synchronize folder to refresh?

Thanks

Cosmin

Re: Refreshing Synchronize folder through the command line

Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:06 am

Hi,

When using the command line interface a folder synchronization is refreshed when the project is built. I'm afraid there aren't other ways to refresh it from the command line.

Regards,
Cosmin
Cosmin Pirvu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

MartinMorin

Thu Aug 04, 2016 4:29 pm

Hi,

I am getting broken builds because I cannot refresh the folders sync from the command line!
Because of such issues sometimes the shortcuts are automatically removed by Advanced Installer when I use the GUI to do some debugging...

Seems the way to go would be to reset the sync and add it again. The problem is that I cannot set all the same parameters from the command line i.e. The permissions and the override options...

An option for the refresh would be great and would fix my issue. Which roots to the management of relative paths which has some issues.

Eusebiu

Thu Aug 18, 2016 12:59 pm

Hi and welcome to Advanced Installer forums.

I apologize for the delayed reply.

I added your suggestion on our TODO list and it will be available in a future version of Advanced Installer. Thank you for the feedback.

Best regards,
Eusebiu
Eusebiu Aria - Advanced Installer Team

Dan

Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:24 pm

Hello,

This improvement has been added in version 14.3 of Advanced Installer released on September 18th, 2017.

Best regards,
Dan
Dan Ghiorghita - Advanced Installer Team

Return to “Common Problems”