GBERT

Multiple Instances Dialogue.

The Multiple Instances feature works flawlessly and i was able to do all what I need.
There is only a (very) little problem i can't solve right now.
I have specified a custom icon for the setup, and it's displayed on the left in the Multiple Instances selector dialogue.
This is causing the display of the last text line to be displayed partially truncated.
I looked for the Multiple Instances dialogue in Dialogues to resize the text boxes or change the text, but i can't find it.
Isn't it a customizable dialogue?
At the moment i don't need really to customize it, i was doing it only to correct the visualization problem i'm having.
Again, the Install Location is displayed truncated, and i have to resize the window to visualize the destination: typically all the instances will be placed in the same directory, and the last directory name is the only one that means something.
I proposed to display it with the "..." in the middle to be able to display both the beginning and the end of the string, but another viable solution would be adding a tooltip to show the complete string.

Giorgio
Last edited by GBERT on Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GabrielBarbu

Re: Multiple Instances Dialogue.

Hello,

Unfortunately the dialog can not be customized since it is not part of the Windows Installer but part of the Bootstrapper. However an improvement has been added on our TODO list and will be included in a future version of Advanced Installer.

Regards,
Gabriel
Gabriel Barbu
Advanced Installer Team
http://www.advancedinstaller.com/

Return to “Common Problems”