stevefal

"Action text" default showing during installation

I notice that when using 7.1.3, the progress dialog's ActionText label's default text, "Action text" is showing up during installation. I don't know if that's a result of certain operations taking longer, and therefore the default text has a chance to be seen, or if something else is going on.

In either case, just deleted default text in my project so only actual status shows.
GabrielBarbu

Re: "Action text" default showing during installation

Hello,

I am afraid I could not replicate this behavior. Can you please send your aip project file (or a sample that accurately reproduces the behavior) to support at advancedinstaller dot com?

Thank you,
Gabriel
Gabriel Barbu
Advanced Installer Team
http://www.advancedinstaller.com/
stevefal

I just sent the AIP, in reference to http://www.advancedinstaller.com/forums ... f=2&t=9726 .

To clarify, the default text shows up when ProgressDlg displays initially. So whatever is happening when the dialog first shows is taking a long time before some action updates the ActionText label with meaningful text.
Cosmin

Hi,

Unfortunately we are unable to reproduce this behavior when using your project with dummy source files. Can you please send us a screen-shot with the behavior you are encountering to support at advancedinstaller dot com?

Regards,
Cosmin
Cosmin Pirvu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
stevefal

I now see that the default text I am referring to was not default text supplied a new AI project. Rather, early in my project, I must have entered "Action text" into the label so that I could see it well enough to align it to other controls on the form.

It is this "Action text" that I am seeing when ProgressDlg first shows, before any meaningful update to the text occurs.

So I think my mistake, sorry.

Return to “Common Problems”