Tatyana Mykhnevych

Repair doesn't work from Control Panel

Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:21 am

Hello,

My Advanced Installer version is 18.6.
According to our requirements User has to have Administrator rights to run our Application Installation. According to this thread (viewtopic.php?t=29016) "Repair" option from Control Panel is not always run as Admin.
When I do a repair not as Admin installer just freezes on "Extracting files from archive".

But everyone knows that to repair a software, you go to Control Panel > Programs, and click Repair. Every single application is capable of doing repair from Control Panel. So we need to figure out if its possible to make it work from there. Maybe it is possible to add Admin rights check exactly on click "Repair" button?

FYI: on windows 7 Repair from Control Panel works. Maybe because it does not have UAC and shows Admin popup anyway. On windows 10 for some PCs it works for some not.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,
Tanya

Catalin

Re: Repair doesn't work from Control Panel

Wed Jan 26, 2022 3:26 pm

Hello Tanya,

From what I can see, my colleague Danut has answered you over the email.

Please continue the thread there with him.

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Dan

Re: Repair doesn't work from Control Panel

Mon Jan 31, 2022 3:07 pm

Hello,

Please note that if the installer can request upfront admin privileges e.g. right after you select Uninstall/Change in the Control Panel if the below options are used:
  • Run as administrator option is enabled in the Install Parameters page
  • Always (install, uninstall and maintenance) option is enabled in the Themes -> Settings tab.
Note that using the above options the package type will be of Exe package type.

Best regards,
Dan
Dan Ghiorghita - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Building Installers”