J.K.

Missing Predefined dialogs?

Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:44 pm

Hi,

Our company is interested in using the Enterprise version. I downloaded the DEMO version and i tried to build installer for one of our products. I am now stuck on these issues:

- How to create shortcuts on the user's Desktop and on the Start menu->Application folder based on conditions defined in the Deialogs. I have read some articles in the Forum and there are few threads about similar issues. However they all refer to "ShortcutDlg" which i cannot find in the Dialogs list.
- How to create multilingual package so that the user can choose the desired language when he/she starts the installer. In the forum i found that the "LicenseAgreementDlg" does the job (maybe) but again i cannot find it in the Dialogs list.

The project type is set to Enterprise. I thought the DEMO version provides full access?

Thank you!

Dan

Re: Missing Predefined dialogs?

Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:46 pm

Hello and welcome to Advanced Installer forums,

Thank you for your interest in Advanced Installer.
How to create shortcuts on the user's Desktop and on the Start menu->Application folder based on conditions defined in the Deialogs. I have read some articles in the Forum and there are few threads about similar issues. However they all refer to "ShortcutDlg" which i cannot find in the Dialogs list.
In the “Dialogs” page, you can add a dialog using the [Add Dialog] toolbar button and select the “ShortcutsDlg”.
Please keep in mind that these shortcuts must be created in the Files and Folders page in order to be installed. This dialog doesn't create the shortcuts automatically, it simply conditions their creation.
How to create multilingual package so that the user can choose the desired language when he/she starts the installer. In the forum i found that the "LicenseAgreementDlg" does the job (maybe) but again i cannot find it in the Dialogs list.
In order to have a language selection dialog, I would recommended you to follow our Show language selection dialog article which may be useful to you.

Also you can take a look on the Optional Install Dialogs article.

If you need any help, please let us know.

Best regards,
Dan
Dan Ghiorghita - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

J.K.

Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:49 pm

Thank you. I tried what you suggested and all worked perfectly!

Dan

Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:21 pm

You're welcome. If you need any help, please let us know.

Best regards,
Dan
Dan Ghiorghita - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

sean_acadicus

Fri Jan 20, 2023 11:22 pm

I am attempting to add the "Maintenance Predefined Dialogs" but the "Add Dialog" option is greyed out when I select the MSI Package.

I am able to add dialogs to the "First Time Install" but I would like to add the maintenance predefined dialogs.

We have a professional licence.

Please help!

Thanks,
Sean

Liviu

Mon Jan 23, 2023 10:12 am

Hello Sean,

Unfortunately, the "First Time Install" category is the only option available for the "Professional" project type.

My apologies for any inconvenience.

Best regards,
Liviu

sean_acadicus

Mon Jan 30, 2023 6:57 pm

Would the Enterprise license be required? If not which license has this feature?

Liviu

Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:34 am

sean_acadicus wrote:
Mon Jan 30, 2023 6:57 pm
Would the Enterprise license be required? If not which license has this feature?
Hello Sean,

Our "Dialog Editor" feature is available starting with the Enterprise edition.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Best regards,
Liviu

Return to “Building Installers”