ultematum091

Problem with migrating to installer from version 18.9.1 to 20.2.1 for windows store

Tue Feb 07, 2023 9:55 am

Hello, we are using your installer for our application and got a problem after upgrading to a new version. There were no problems with the build of the new installer, but some users of our application began to receive the problem that the application from the Windows store does not start after the update. The application is not initialized. After a long investment, we found logs in the windows log related to a possible cause. This problem occurs only for some users, but constantly after each update, the solution for them is to manually remove the application and install it again from the store, but after a new update of our application, the problem reappears. At the moment, we have returned to the old installer for the store (18.9.1) on which this problem does not reproduce. We want to update the installer but can't because of this issue, can you help?
1.png
1.png (58.93KiB)Viewed 6060 times
2.png
2.png (438.17KiB)Viewed 6060 times

Catalin

Re: Problem with migrating to installer from version 18.9.1 to 20.2.1 for windows store

Wed Feb 08, 2023 3:28 pm

Hello and welcome to our forums,

I'm afraid I can not say for sure why this is happening.

If possible, could you please forward me the following resources:

- a download link for the two MSIX (the one created with v18.9.1 and the one created with v20.2.1)

- their respective AIP files

by email at support at advancedinstaller dot com so we can further investigate this?

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Building Installers”