robdob123

Track Installation progress?

Hi,

Is it possible to remotely track the installation process, or more inportantly whether someone launched the installer but didn't finish the process for some reason?

The reason I ask is I seem to be having many downloads but very few installs and suspect the reason might be the prerequisites, or someother issue, if it was possible to post to a url or server info along from the installation it would be very helpful..

Is something like this possible?

Thanks,
mihai.petcu

Re: Track Installation progress?

Mihai Petcu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
robdob123

Hi,

there is no, "UI Custom Actions" Tree...

I have only InstallUISequence and InstallExecuteSequence

please help
mihai.petcu

I'm afraid we don't have any predefined support for this functionality. You can try to implement it using your own custom action.

All the best,
Mihai
robdob123

what type of answer is that?

your initial reply was to direct me to a tutorial, within the tutorial it tells me to click on the "UI custom Action" part of the tree.,

I then tell you that there is no "UI Custom Action" within the tree, then you reply with telling me you don't support this functionalitiy?

Is your tutorial no longer valid? if thats the case then why don't you pull it from your site?

please advise?
mihai.petcu

Hello,

I apologize for the inconvenience, I misunderstood that you want to collect data in a silent installation.

It seems you have a Professional project type. That article requires at least the Enterprise edition and project type.

If you want to accomplish this in a Professional project and license type you can follow this thread.

All the best,
Mihai

Return to “Building Installers”