RedDrago

Questions about Adding Languages with commandline

Hello,

I was wondering about the possibilities to add Multiple langues with the command line.
Adding them is not really difficult, especially with the good documentation.

I did find the documentation for the AddLanguage option

But still, if I want to create a multilingual package, I still need to open the project and I have to set the specific option by myself. Why is that so? Why is it not possible to set that value with the command line too?

Also, why is it nessecary, to add the buildname?
You can't add specific languages to a specific build.
Yes, you can determine the behavior. It's possible to show a dialog or to select the language automatically.
That does not really make sense, does it?

I have about 60 Merged Module. I did add the required languages using the commandline feature. But seriously, I still have to go through every single project and change the language build option in the translation tab.

Thanks,
Tobias
mihai.petcu

Re: Questions about Adding Languages with commandline

Hi Tobias,
But still, if I want to create a multilingual package, I still need to open the project and I have to set the specific option by myself. Why is that so? Why is it not possible to set that value with the command line too?
By default, when adding a new language to the build, the "Create separate packages and a multilingual package" option is enabled.
Also, why is it nessecary, to add the buildname? You can't add specific languages to a specific build.
This is not true. Here's where you can select the build from the GUI:
translations.jpg
translations.jpg (34.67 KiB) Viewed 5599 times
More information can be found in the "Languages Tab" user guide reference.

All the best,
Mihai
Mihai Petcu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
RedDrago

Hello Mihai,

Ok so far I did not require more than one build, otherwise I might have noticed that sooner.
But that discards only the reqirement do add the language to a speciffic build, not the fact that I must go through everey project, and switch the option to "Create only a Multilingual package".
If I had several builds, I'd still have to go through every projact and build.

I did use the command line to save time, and it saved me a lot of trouble and time to organize the projects. Maybe you can add an option in a future version, to set that option too with the command line.
But if there is a way to switch that option, using ONLY the command line, feel free to correct me. After all I'm still learning too ;)

Thanks,
Tobias
mihai.petcu

Hello Tobias,
But that discards only the reqirement do add the language to a speciffic build, not the fact that I must go through everey project, and switch the option to "Create only a Multilingual package".
The default selected option when adding several languages includes a multilingual package. Selecting this option from the CLI wasn't an issue for anyone before thus we didn't include it so far.
But if there is a way to switch that option, using ONLY the command line, feel free to correct me. After all I'm still learning too ;)
Thank you for your suggestion, I added it on our TODO list with a low priority.

All the best,
Mihai
Mihai Petcu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Building Installers”