XXL66

registry entries

hello,

suppose i have registry entries made in LOCAL_MACHINE, if someone is installing without administrator rights, will my installer write the entries in the registry ?
Doesn't writing in local_machine need to be done using administrator rights ?

ty !
Bogdan

Re: registry entries

Hi,

Please note that an user which doesn't have Administrator rights can creates registry entries only under HKEY_CURRENT_USER. If the package creates registry entries
under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE then the user which runs the package must be an Administrator.

Regards,
Bogdan
Bogdan Mitrache - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
XXL66

ty,

another question, is it possible to write an registry entry in both 'normal' and wow6432Node positions ?
I have an app that runs on BricsCAD and AutoCAD. BricsCAD is only 32 bit. My app is 32 and 64 bit version. Is it possible however to run Bricscad 32 bit on win 64 bit (with my app in 32 bit). I want to create a single installer but this seems to be difficult in this case because on a 64 bit the installer always installs the 64 bit version allthough i sometimes need 32 bit.

A solution would maybe be for the user to get an option in the installer (install for Bricscad or AutoCAD).
mihai.petcu

Hello,
is it possible to write an registry entry in both 'normal' and wow6432Node positions ?
indeed, in order to achieve this you can follow our "How do I install different registry entries based on the Operating System (32/64-bit)?" user guide article.

All the best,
Mihai
Mihai Petcu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Building Installers”