jusher

Custom Action Query

I have two CA's written in VBScript to get schema versions from a database. I have two dialogues that set global properties for the connection details. The CA's set properties so that they can be used to decide when to install stored procedures corresponding to various schema. I thought I would be able to hand a call to a CA off a Next button as an event. It does not look like this is possible so where is the best place to put the CA's in the sequence? I currently have them in sequence after the "User Selection" in "Wizard Dialogs Stage". I am using 8.9.

Regards,
John
mihai.petcu

Re: Custom Action Query

Hi John,

If you want to call a custom action through a "DoAction" event in "Dialogs" page you must to add your custom action using the "Add custom action without sequence" operation.

All the best,
Mihai
Mihai Petcu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
jusher

Thanks Mihail I will try that. Following on from this how can I trap the return code? I have followed this: -

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library ... s.85).aspx

So I have changed the custom action table entry which will report a fault in teh log but does the installer automatuically terminate or do I have to set a property to test?

I have been away on another project so trying to get back into this, so sorry if you have already answered this before.

Regards,
John
mihai.petcu

Hi John,

There's no need for other settings. If your custom action returns one of those codes, Windows Installer will automatically perform the corresponding action.

Perhaps this article will also help.

All the best,
Mihai
Mihai Petcu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
jusher

I see thank you.

John

Return to “Building Installers”