cfs80

Pre-Boot

Dear Sir,

Is there someway I can invoke a Pre-boot install? Meaning that I want the system to boot once before installation?

Thanks!

Brgds
Christian
Bogdan

Re: Pre-Boot

Hi Christian,

We do not recommend performing a reboot before an installation. A reboot, as you can see in our tutorial "Restart the machine after the installation", it is recommended to be performed after the installation. Can you please give us more details about what do you want to achieve?

Regards,
Bogdan
Bogdan Mitrache - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
cfs80

Hi Bogdan,

Thanks for your reply. We have many clients (Win 7 Prof & Enterprise) remotely to which we distribute unattended installs. Many of these installs is going wrong with files that dont get upgraded/replaced or the install is corrupted in someway. We don't know why this is happening on some clients and not on others. Unfortunately it is happening on too many clients right now. We need to try a quick fix until we know better. We suspect that there is some difference between the clients, as some have a succesful installation while other doesn't. We think a reboot before installation could be a good way to start the install on, as any unknown interference in the system is then cleaned out by the reboot.

Thanks!

Brgds
Christian
Daniel

Hi Christian,

Can you please send us the .AIP (project) file and some verbose logs from clients that have an unsuccesful installation to support at advancedinstaller dot com so we can investigate why you are encountering this behavior? We will send you back a response in 24 hours.

Regards,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
cfs80

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for your reply and assistance. I have asked our client to collect some of the verbose install logs. It will probably take a few days before I get some of them because the computers are located in remote places where there is not always IT technicians available.

Thanks!

Brgds

Return to “Building Installers”