sebuahbuku

Combine installer

Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:51 am

i just want to ask,
is there any method that can allow me to combine multiple installer into one installation file?
for example, Driver installer in Asus CD Driver, we can choose multiple driver which one to install and then just click Install,
then installer itself will continue to install all the drivers selected until it finished.
and the user can just leave their PC's on the table without monitor the progress.

I found one software that can function like that, Nunite, but this software requires internet connection.
which means it will download again all the installers.

Can someone help me n this...

Daniel

Re: Combine installer

Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:33 pm

Hi and welcome to Advanced Installer forums,

Yes, you can achieve this behavior using Advanced Installer. This is what you should do in order to obtain what you want:
- Create at least a "Professional" project type.
- Go to the "Prerequisites" page and add multiple installation package to your project as "Feature-based prerequisites".
- Go to the "Dialogs" page, select "WelcomeDlg" dialog and from its context menu choose "Add Dialog..." option.
- From the new dialog choose "SetupTypeDlg". This will add the "SetupTypeDlg" after the "WelcomeDlg" dialog.
- Build and run your package. From the "SetupTypeDlg" choose the "Custom" option and choose your desired package to be installed.

If you have any questions let me know.

Regards,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Building Installers”