rashikmohamed

Issues with selecting Tomcat Bundle folder

Hi,

I am new to application packaging and I am trying to package a web application using the "Tomcat Web Application Setup Wizard". I have the "Tomcat Apache" with the .war file inside the webapps folder. When the wizard asked me to locate the "Tomcat Bundle Folder" I located the Path "C:\Program Files\Tomcat Apache" (The Parent folder) but the "Advanced Installer" gives me an error msg "The service.bat and server.xml files are missing". I am unable to understand the issue. Could anyone please help me?

My requirement is to install the following components,
1. Install JRE if not installed in the machine
2. Deploy the tomcat apache server and the war file into the same
3. Install Oracle XE

Any kind of documentation to package as per the requirement above would be great.

I am kind of stuck with this issue for quite sometime and I have to show a demo setup to my boss ASAP. Please help!!!! :oops:

Thanks in advance
Rashik
Daniel

Re: Issues with selecting Tomcat Bundle folder

Hi Rashik and welcome to Advanced Installer forums,

Please keep in mind that in the Tomcat bundle folder field you should select a binary distribution of Apache Tomcat, not the installation folder of Apache Tomcat from your machine. You have to download a binary distribution of Apache Tomcat and use its extraction folder for Tomcat bundle folder field.

You could also have the Apache Tomcat added as a prerequisite in a normal Advanced Installer project type. Currently our "Tomcat Web Application" wizard can only bundle Apache Tomcat to your package. In our upcoming Advanced Installer releases the "Tomcat Web Application" wizard will have the option to add Apache Tomcat as a prerequisite.

If you have any questions let me know.

Regards,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
rashikmohamed

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for your reply

I tried downloading the Apache Tomcat zip file from the Tomcat apache website and located the same for the "Tomcat Bundle Folder" still the installer says the same error.

Tomcat Folder Path:
Tomcat Folder Path
Tomcat Folder Path
Image_1.jpg (112.72 KiB) Viewed 16018 times
Advanced Installer Error Msg:
Advanced Installer Error Msg
Advanced Installer Error Msg
Image_2.jpg (64.48 KiB) Viewed 16018 times
Please help.

Thanks,
Rashik
Daniel

Hi Rashik,

Please keep in mind that currently our "Tomcat Web Application" wizard use the "service.bat" and "server.xml" files in order to install Apache Tomcat on target machine. So, you should use one of the "32-bit Windows zip" or "64-bit Windows zip" core binary distributions of Apache Tomcat in order to achieve what you want.

In our future releases our "Tomcat Web Application" wizard will have the capability to use a sample "zip" core binary distribution of Apache Tomcat that use an EXE file to install Apache Tomcat on target machine.

Regards,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Building Installers”