frjames

IIS Config Hang

When running an installer on my windows 7 machine, it will add/configure existing iis website, run sql scripts and put web files into install folder successfully. When I run the same msi on a windows 2008 server the iis config hangs. I also got a error message behind the installer window stating IIS 7 (installer minimum) wasn't installed. The server had 7.5. But usually it just takes 100% resources and hangs. It puts files and runs sql scripts ok. A couple UAC prompts popped on the server so guessing this has something to do with it. Does the msi have to be run "as administrator" - if so, what's the procedure to do this to inform clients.
Bogdan

Re: IIS Config Hang

Hi,

Do you reproduce this constantly on multiple Win Server 2008 machines? If so, can you please send us a download link for the package and aip file so we can investigate this on our machines?

Packages created with Advanced Installer have the ability to activate/install some of the IIS features required by the package if they are missing from the machines. This does not cover all the scenarios/features from IIS, just a couple of them.

Regards,
Bogdan
Bogdan Mitrache - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
frjames

Re: IIS Config Hang

W/ UAC turned off the installer runs ok. I tried on another server w/ and w/out UAC and it installed ok - so must be something up with the machine. Thanks!

Return to “Building Installers”