cfs80

Conditional file install

Hi

I need to install one of two files with the same file name but slightly different content depending on if the machine name contains LH or RH. I have found the guide on how to install files with identical names: http://www.advancedinstaller.com/user-g ... -name.html. But how do I setup the condition based on if the machine name contains LH or RH? Also I want the file to be untouched by future installers, will the "permanent" setting (organization page) work in this case?

Thanks!

Brgds
Christian
mihai.petcu

Re: Conditional file install

Hi Christian,
I need to install one of two files with the same file name but slightly different content depending on if the machine name contains LH or RH.
The condition you're looking for is:

Code: Select all

ComputerName >< "LH"
or

Code: Select all

ComputerName >< "RH"
The ComputerName property is set to the computer name of the target machine.
Also I want the file to be untouched by future installers, will the "permanent" setting (organization page) work in this case?
Here's How do I prevent a file or registry entry from being uninstalled or repaired? article to help you with this.

All the best,
Mihai
Mihai Petcu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
cfs80

Hi Mihai,

Works great! Concerning "Persistence" If I tick "Preserve file content" by default a "1" will appear under conditions by default. What does "1" mean in terms of conditions?

Thanks for great support!

Brgds
Christian
Cosmin

Hi Christian,

"1" is a default condition which is always true. It's used in some cases where a condition is mandatory.

Regards,
Cosmin
Cosmin Pirvu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
cfs80

Ok good, thanks Cosmin!

Brgds
Christian

Return to “Building Installers”